What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DTW drain pan for 3x3 tent - I may have found the perfect one.

OldPhart

Okay, so I have been going crazy trying to find a tray that will fit nicely into a 3x3 tent to hold 9 pots for a DTW top feed system. I didn't need it to be vary deep, wanted something fairly rigid with a drain fitting, and the cheaper the better. Well after a day of scrubbing the internet for a grow tray to fill this need, I had found squat. After another day of thinking on it, I think I may have found the perfect tray. A washing machine tray! https://www.lowes.com/pd/Camco-Manu...mmc=SCE_PLA-_-Appliances-_-Laundry-_-50195165 Build a simple wooden frame to hold this, and you should be in business.

Just thought I would share this, because I can't be the only one looking for a tray to put in a 3x3 tent. It should leave several inches on all sides for ventilation, but is close enough to allow the tent to be fully filled to the walls. Wouldn't be good for E&F, but should kick butt for a DTW.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I do not use store bought tents because I am into circular. It is an autism thing but for drain pans I use a hot water heater pan.
26" diameter round plastic pan with threaded fitting for hose. I have placed it under 7 gallon containers and it will hold all seven gallons at half full.

Same as above except round. When cloning for friends I have filled the pan with 35 styrofoam cups containing a clone each. Easy watering with the drain hose attached. The water heater catch pan has a rigid floor and no ripples in the plastic, flat and smooth so the cups are not tippy.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I looked forever for a tray for a 2x4 tent that didnt cost an arm and a leg.
Ended up using one of those children's red plastic sleds. Found it at the dump. Free. Perfect.

OldPhart

I looked forever for a tray for a 2x4 tent that didnt cost an arm and a leg.
Ended up using one of those children's red plastic sleds. Found it at the dump. Free. Perfect.

I'll bet it is harder to find something for a 2x4. It really is stupid that they are selling thousands of these silly tents, and not making trays to go in them. Seems like an un-tapped market.