What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drysift made Morrocan style

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Drysift made Morrocan style with old trim and an old bag of seed crop.

2nd pic after 10 minute drumming
20240123_105035.jpg
20240123_114602.jpg
20240123_115320.jpg
Screenshot_20240127_114214_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240127_114239_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127_115229_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_115229_Instagram.jpg
    771.5 KB · Views: 59

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pure Hash Joint no flower
Drysift as the flower then some of same Drysift pressed and the Morrocan on top.
Burns for 60 minutes straight once lit , takes a few minutes to get it properly going but flows like water once it gets going , taste delicious
Screenshot_20240127_114133_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240127_114148_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240127_114152_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240127_114119_Instagram.jpg
and hits like a train

laszlokovacs

That looks fire. I think I saw some old school sift making in a video once. It was super dry and broken up over a silk screen over a bowl and drummed.

Looks great, whats your sieve? Is that top covering some sort of plastic or nonstick thing?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah you want it super dry like you said and ideally freezing or really cold

you order a silk screen from online and use a large bowl , attach silk screen on top with bunge cords or whatever so its tightly secure, add material on top then cover with plastic and seal tight again so no material will fall out while drumming ( I used Green wire to secure plastic

Then drum 5-10 minutes Depending on quality and quantity.

This is using real low grade material and still produced great quality for lower grade material.

I ordered this silk screen along while ago so can't remember if it's 73 -120 micron

You can clean up the Drysift again to make it really clean but I just use it for joints and its mixed lower grade material I'm seiving so not worth cleaning up

Last edited:

laszlokovacs

Thanks yeah I will for sure remember this come harvest time. Winter time with 20% rh and bone dry material should make some interesting dry sift round here.

Do you use a metal bowl? Any static stuff going on?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No this just a plastic bowl and not messed with the static myself.

To me you don't need static if making small amounts , that's more to clean up larg amounts of Drysift.

For top grad just do a 10-30 second hand sift not drumming , just breaking buds over Drysift screen and letting them naturally fall through without any force , no drumming or anything , the first sift will be full melt.

This material I'm using to make the Drysift is lower grade material either old trim or old leftovers from seed runs so won't produce full melt without cleaning up alot , but is amazing for joints, really good.

I got better screens for full melt and use the wood Drysift wizard screens and techniques for full melt Drysift , small returns but best quality you ever seen 👌

CocoNut 420

Dry sift is the ultimate imo, it doesn't get better than concentrated bud flavour.

You can make dry sift for less than a fiver.

A 150 micron mesh from ebay £4 it's enough for 4 screens minimum.
_20230123_223240.JPG

Bud/trim into a bucket, fix the screen and shake over a sheet of plastic.
_20230123_223452.JPG

Scrape it together, bag it, enjoy it!
_20230123_223426.JPG

I’ve upgrade my method since.
_20230125_194429 (2).JPG

But it's not any better just more convenient.
_20230213_035503.JPG

I lightly hand press it so I can still crumble it into a joint, dry sift is a treat 😍

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What returns are people getting. I heard bubble bags are 10% and that put me off the work load. I suppose a visit to Anne summers would cut out the drumming effort. 🤣
You can get 10%(based on using leaf n larf) return on a 150 (110) screen. But if you want a cleaner version you gotta go a bit tighter and I'm happy w 5% return for most strains.
Here's the thing w dry sift more than any other - there is no solid blueprint to go by. Not like any other canna ....stage? Or.... technique. EVERY run you do is dependent on many factors. Screens, humidity, strain, temp, and on and on. Not too mention you do two runs of same strain, make dry sift, the end result will have differences.
These reasons and more, to me, make dry sift the finest canna art form and one of the last great mysteries of cannabis!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Quite honestly I'm not so fussy on quality. I'd be happier with larger amounts of fairly heavily contaminated hash, so long as that contamination is still just weed in my hash 🙂.
Screen size is threads per inch isn't it, like bed sheets. So I'd need to go lower to get more. Do you need to impact the trim / popcorn or will vibration from say leaving the lot on the washing machine for a few hours do the trick do you think?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was discussing vibration w a friend of mine in California. He had pounds and pounds of trim on hand. We were talking about bouncing vs vibrating, he went and grabbed his wife's vibrator and it worked. Upgraded to a big ass massager and he still makes hash that way.

Old Piney

Quite honestly I'm not so fussy on quality. I'd be happier with larger amounts of fairly heavily contaminated hash, so long as that contamination is still just weed in my hash 🙂.
Screen size is threads per inch isn't it, like bed sheets. So I'd need to go lower to get more. Do you need to impact the trim / popcorn or will vibration from say leaving the lot on the washing machine for a few hours do the trick do you think?
I'm with you I made some bubble hash and it just melts .it's a pain in the ass to smoke you definitely can't put it on a pin

Reactions: GMT