What's new

Drying Room that Relies Mostly on Airflow

St. Phatty

I got a tour of a neighbor's drying room yesterday.

He has a tendency to ask questions like he's a beginner & he wants to "pick my brain".

But his pot is GREAT.

I told him - dude you might be a beginner, but that is one of the best drying rooms I've ever seen.

He has a 10x10 space with an inlet fan and an outlet fan running 24/7.

The room has a heater, but doesn't really need it during the day because the weather is still sunny.

Anyway, the man is PATIENT, going for the slow dry.

Fortunately my life is now slightly easier.

He keeps bugging me for indoor grow advice, and he has a perfect indoor grow set-up.

Once the drying room has done its job, he already has the ventilation set up for a perfect winter grow.

Now I have to buy him a 6 pack of Barleywine because I know he's going to shower me with buds next time I go over there.

St. Phatty

I harvested some top buds yesterday, after finding traces of mold during the morning inspection.

Also because I'm concerned about a grow-rip, and wanted at least a 1/4 pound out of my summer grow, for my own meds.

I hung them in a spare bathroom with a heater, and a box fan in the window.

The smell is SO WONDERFUL.

I would even say, therapeutic.

I think American hospitals should give patients the options of having pot drying in their rooms.

redlaser

Veteran
Maintaining a target humidity level along with temp will provide a nice end result , pretty easy with a dedicated room.

Could control the intake /exhaust and a dehuey with s 35$ inkbird controller as long as it’s under 1200 watts total

55-60 for temp and humidity for 7-9 days works well

T

Teddybrae

Hey Phatyy (well, I fucked that up, didn't I?) ... here in the wonderful land of Oz there are toilets run by the sun. We call them Dunnies. Here we call all toilets Dunnies and I don't know why, but these particular solar toilets dry and get rid of odour (that's SMELL) with convection.

The idea is to have a large vent pipe painted black which heats with the sun and starts a pretty good convection airflow over the shit and stuff in the dunny.

Modifying this idea for a drying room might be an interesting low cost project down on the farm.

Latest posts

Latest posts