What's new

Drying moist bud in an electric oven?

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Hi guys, I just bought an ounce of outdoor sativa and it showed up pretty tacky. Inoticed 2 buds from the bag have the white mold starting at the base of the stem. Is it possible to dry them a little bit on the electric oven without doing harm? I'm worried about the mold spreading. It's been drizzling/pouring for 10 days straight with 100% humidity. I'm literally watching clouds roll by across the valley at eye level. Figure if I can get them near stem snapping dry I can jar them and slow things down.

Thanks!

Finepointcanon

Veteran
I do not actually, went for the rustic house way up the mountain. Maybe the refrigerator might be better? I used to dry mushrooms in there if I remember correctly.

goingrey

Not the fridge surely? I would opt for the oven instead. Lowest possible temp! What I have personally used is a food dehydrator though, they don't cost much. Also if there's some mold I dry them bone dry, sure a cure is nice but I can't be spending all day keeping an eye on the jars like that..

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Thanks for the replies. The oven goes down to 70c so I'll try that I think. I know what you mean about not wanting to watch the jars, this is a tough time of year for moisture eradication, my hair has been damp for over a week lol. I dry cactus chips in the oven sometimes and it gets pretty low temp on the low setting.

Thanks again!

goingrey

That's interesting it seems like these "new" self-defrosting fridges (?) could be a good option for drying indeed. BUT it's a cool slow dry, great for when no mold, when there is mold, hmm... well that's a risk everyone will have to evaluate themselves.