What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying moist bud in an electric oven?

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Hi guys, I just bought an ounce of outdoor sativa and it showed up pretty tacky. Inoticed 2 buds from the bag have the white mold starting at the base of the stem. Is it possible to dry them a little bit on the electric oven without doing harm? I'm worried about the mold spreading. It's been drizzling/pouring for 10 days straight with 100% humidity. I'm literally watching clouds roll by across the valley at eye level. Figure if I can get them near stem snapping dry I can jar them and slow things down.

Thanks!

Finepointcanon

Veteran
I do not actually, went for the rustic house way up the mountain. Maybe the refrigerator might be better? I used to dry mushrooms in there if I remember correctly.

goingrey

Not the fridge surely? I would opt for the oven instead. Lowest possible temp! What I have personally used is a food dehydrator though, they don't cost much. Also if there's some mold I dry them bone dry, sure a cure is nice but I can't be spending all day keeping an eye on the jars like that..

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Thanks for the replies. The oven goes down to 70c so I'll try that I think. I know what you mean about not wanting to watch the jars, this is a tough time of year for moisture eradication, my hair has been damp for over a week lol. I dry cactus chips in the oven sometimes and it gets pretty low temp on the low setting.

Thanks again!

goingrey

That's interesting it seems like these "new" self-defrosting fridges (?) could be a good option for drying indeed. BUT it's a cool slow dry, great for when no mold, when there is mold, hmm... well that's a risk everyone will have to evaluate themselves.