What's new

Drying box

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi, im gonna build a drying box, i would just like a few suggestions, im using an old wardrobe, sealed, got a bathroom fan, any ideas appreciated, thanks.:D

aloha im still looking forward to your NL pics :)

aloha im still looking forward to your NL pics :)

I was thinking of some sort of racks/mesh/grill to dry and iar them on while in the closet?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
yeah, so am i, lol, i lent the cam out again, and the mem sticks in the pouch, lol, im smokin too m usch., ill get em up eventually, only the harvest though, got 1 re-vegging alongside2 x hindu kushx skunk#1, 4x mango, 1 early girl, all unsexed, bargain basement seeds, lol, gonna do a good clone run when the nl re-veg is ready to hack at.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
nobody else got any suggestions 4 me then, im gonna do an interchangeable interior, so i can hang at the start of drying, then, swap out the insides, for some mesh shelves like leeroy sed.

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
sounds like you got a good plan there harry.
what cfm rating is you fan?
little 4" axial fans for intake may be a good idea to consider

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Here's a post made by a fellow ICer on a small scale Rubbermaid Dryer he made: Herb dryer on a budget

I know this is not what you're building... But it might provide some food for thought!

-BuzzBob

G

Harry,
i am thinking about using a wardrobe storage bock. i plan on placing a small fan 40-60 cfm on top with air holes along the base. I want to use a coffee can filled with charcoal for a fileter element. I think a bathroom fan workd great. Most are either 50 or 65 cfm. Either is good to go. I use a 50 cfm exhaust fan ontop of a bloom box with a 150 hps and it is plenty cool enough. i thimk it will pull air fine. i would mount the fan near the top to exhaust the hot air and draw cool air from thje floor level.

Good luck!

Vegasbuddha

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
ye, i put the fan str8 on the top, with filtered inlrts for cool air on the bottom, itscoming along, ill post the whole thing, from start to finish when ive completed it