What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry Sifting Mendo420 Style

T

tropicannayeah

The art of hashish making is very old and has been perfected over thousands of years.

Is there any proof of hash making that is older than 500 years old?

Logically pressing resin is something that you would avoid if you could if only for the amount of work it involves.

Commercial hash was and is pressed primarily because it is then more efficient to transport, handle and trade.

So the question is: Where our ancestors stupid enough to perfect a process that damage quality for thousands of years?????
I don't think damage is the right word, changes or alters quality seems like a better choice of word in this instance.

Happy Hashing!

Pressing destroys trichomes.

Pretty sure anyways. They break, right? Like fruit?

Could it be compared to destroying grapes like for wine, but instead of finishing it into wine, just jamming it into a container for later like it might turn into something else?

Would you not eat grapes unless they're peeled of their waxy skin?

Hmm.

mendo420

Veteran
It is interesting that most old scholar will swear that the flowers and Hash of the old days was better, we can't be ALL delusive on the subject.

no way, weed is just as good now a days.

The only problem is no one had the patience to make dry sift or has the quantity to really make it.

If you could sample some of this you would swear its the best!

A friend who has smoked for 50 years, said t's the best he ever had he has had all the classics you hear about.

mendo420

Veteran
Pressing destroys trichomes.

Pretty sure anyways. They break, right? Like fruit?

Could it be compared to destroying grapes like for wine, but instead of finishing it into wine, just jamming it into a container for later like it might turn into something else?

Would you not eat grapes unless they're peeled of their waxy skin?

Hmm.

Broken or not they will still get you stoned to the bone!
:dance013:

Your comparison with wine is actually the only smart remark you have made for a while

You're right, that sift method i'm helping people perfect is stupid.

Glad to see you helping people sift better on this site instead of just talking.

Oh wait. Why are you here anyways? Seems the only thing you've done is follow me around to bitch at me in every sifting thread you can find.. where is your method and pictures and tutorial? Hm? ODD from such a master hashishin that you haven't posted up a superior way of dry sifting that will blow all our socks off, since you claim over and over i'm not doing *anything different*.. well.. then where else is my method posted online? It's not, is it? Lol.

Or are the 'old school' ways just super secret and you're not going to share with us? But since you've never looked at it under a scope, you'd actually have no idea how pure it was, would you? You are simply going off your taste and eyes right? Not very scientific is it?

If you claim i'm not doing anything new and special, like I said, post up your tutorial with a shit load of macros and such and show us. It's not posted anywhere online i'm aware of.. you have a link to it? Or does it not exist because you just felt it wasn't necessary to educate people about sifting? But now all of a sudden i'm not doing anything new and you've been doing it for decades right? But can't prove it right? Lol.

And mendo you're right lol.. pressed or not it will def. get you ripped.

A low-grade kief has a chance to market if pressed and cured. However, the same poor quality dust in its original form would find it difficult to out-perform even a charas taken from inferior plants. Trouver l'amour, presse et de la chaleur.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
thx 4 share,

did u make the O'kief tumbler self .,?

best vibez
D

NEGT1

The art of hashish making is very old and has been perfected over thousands of years.
Logically pressing resin is something that you would avoid if you could if only for the amount of work it involves.
So the question is: Where our ancestors stupid enough to perfect a process that damage quality for thousands of years?????

Nothing but respect Fenchy but people change, society and their needs change, what was considered "perfect" 1000 years ago, might not be today. They developed techniques without modern science or technology.

mendo420

Veteran
Back at it!

Now that the harvest is in and dry time to get sifting.

I grew an OG KUSH just to make dry sift out of her.
I pressed this sift. That hash is so strong!
yum!

mendo420

Veteran
I's bee triple sifting things.
Tumble with a 120 mesh then a clean up with a 120 mesh and a 230.

63 micron sift!

Heated and pressed!
It has a nice glass finish on it now!
Yum yum!

mendo420

Veteran
Ten pounds of bud sifted with 120 LPI
I'm going to clean it some with another 120LPI and a 135LPI more and press it!