What's new

Dry Sievin with GS

LifeLess

Veteran
Looking good GS. Ive been making some dry sieve. Bought a 19 x 25 framed silk screen 110 micron. A larger piece of plexy glass for the catcher. Using door stops for legs and a plug in massager straped to the side for the shaker. I found the dryer the trim the cleaner the end product. Your stuff is looking killer man. Great work. Just did a weekend run that was long over due. Been saving trim for about a year. Ended up filling 25- 2oz solo cups full. Like to see more pics of some end product. Peace LL

Few pics

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sweet thread GS, that Congolese dry sift got me drooling thats for sure. how much is one of them vibrating tables out of curiosity?

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
They're about $3200 new for that model, I picked them up from a biotech auction for substantially less.
-Chimera

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i was thinking it looks like some lab grade equipment, not cheap. interesting though, how do you grade it as a sifting tool?

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
The congolese dry sift is some of the finest, can't wait to make some of my own.

You are correct gaius, lab grade equipment is ridiculously priced; I feel like I'm in a grow shop when shopping for lab gear, everything is priced well above its realistic value. Like growers in grow shops, the lab gear folks seem to think we're all spending our millions of grant money, which is why I buy most of my gear through auctions if possible. It's just too expensive for me to afford new, and most of the used gear is just as good if you pick it up from the right place. In this economy lots of research labs are closing and the gear is selling for cents on the dollar- they're loss is our gain.

We have a mutual friend who also grabbed one of these at the auction, and he's been rocking it and producing some pretty nice results @ 200 rpm. The plus side is you get less green flake than a tumbler because the leaf doesn't get banged around as it drops in the tumbler wheel, the downside is that we're still leaving some heads behind. I'm not convinced these are ideal for the task, but they were purchased for the lab, not for hash specifically. Wait until you see the 4x6' custom units in action....

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sounds good for a first grade sift. did you try chucking some dry ice dust on the screen with the trim or bud for the second run to get those last trich heads?

very interested to see the 4' by 6' custom units in action.

MEDICATED KLOW

Thought id stop in and say howdee GS and LL! I been so busy i havent been on any forums. Yall inspired me to get the sieve equipment out and put them to use. Got some pre98 x chemd sugar leaf to use. Was gonna run the bags but this weekend is sieve weekend at Klows..hehe This oregon good olboy is out! Peace.. :)

some strains have larger mature resin heads than 100 micron which is why almost all tumblers and kif boxes have meshes with 125 ~ 150 micron meshes, as you don't want to leave behind the best resin heads...on the other hand, ideally you don't want to work with mesh with openings that are too big for the resin heads either.

Most experienced sifters recommend using a 150 ~ 125 micron mesh for the first run, then you can re-sift the resin with a finer mesh like a 105, 115 or a 125 micron mesh to help separate more of the non-active plant material contaminant from the actual resin heads.

If you first use the 150 ~ 125 micron mesh to allow the bigger heads too pass, won't they just be left with the rubbish on top of the 105 / 115 / 125 micron screens along with the rubbish? So you might as well skip the 150 ~ 125 micron.. What is wrong with my reasoning here?

Green Supreme

Veteran
New hash method. LOL. I break up weed for the Sublimator here regularly. Once a week I can scrape this up with a razor blade and vape it. Peace GS

Attachments

• P1050247 (Large).jpg
    P1050247 (Large).jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 13
  • P1050250 (Large).jpg
    P1050250 (Large).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 13
  • P1050254 (Large).jpg
    P1050254 (Large).jpg
    111 KB · Views: 11

Green Supreme

Veteran
Table cleaning day again. Peace GS

ps. ya, thanks to the pic I ditched the hair before I vaped

Last edited:

Green Supreme

Veteran
Waste not want not. Its that time again. Peace GS

Attachments

• P1070026 (Large).jpg
    P1070026 (Large).jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 15
  • P1070025 (Large).jpg
    P1070025 (Large).jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 12
  • P1070024 (Large).jpg
    P1070024 (Large).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 12
  • P1070021 (Large).jpg
    P1070021 (Large).jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 13
  • P1070014 (Large).jpg
    P1070014 (Large).jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 16

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nice one, amazing how much accumulates from making joints. my kitchen knife and board i use for chopping up buds for joints, get so covered that i regularly cam make hash joint from what i get off the knife. the stuff on the board i don't use as it's got wood scrapping in it by the time you scrape it off the wooden kitchen board. so i replace the board every once in a while if it gets to rough.

Green Supreme

Veteran
Mines from chopping up weed for the Sublimator. The table top is solid granite so no worries scraping. Just need to do dog hair removal before vaping. Peace GS