What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry Sieve Question

hamstring

Veteran
It been below zero degrees F here most of the week. It made it up to +10F so I decided it was time to head to the garage to turn some outdoor in to dry sieve. I want to try my hand at gummies. Thats one of the few concentrates i have not made before. So I will be turning some of this into coconut oil.

I made 25u and 75u of all three strains. Green Mountain Grape ( smells like grape cant wait to try some of this), Bangi Haze and MAF.

Even though my outdoor has been stored in the garage it still felt like there was some moisture in it when I broke it apart. Not sure I am right because at these low temps the RH is close to zero.

It was all nice dry powder until I put into some ziplock bags. It has started to clump in the 75u. Do you think it stills need to dried out before storing?

thumb_IMG_2171_1024.jpg

revegeta666

It been below zero degrees F here most of the week. It made it up to +10F so I decided it was time to head to the garage to turn some outdoor in to dry sieve. I want to try my hand at gummies. Thats one of the few concentrates i have not made before. So I will be turning some of this into coconut oil.

I made 25u and 75u of all three strains. Green Mountain Grape ( smells like grape cant wait to try some of this), Bangi Haze and MAF.

Even though my outdoor has been stored in the garage it still felt like there was some moisture in it when I broke it apart. Not sure I am right because at these low temps the RH is close to zero.

It was all nice dry powder until I put into some ziplock bags. It has started to clump in the 75u. Do you think it stills need to dried out before storing?

View attachment 18949076
Yes,take it out of the bags asap and let it dry for a few days. Make sure you undo the clumps as much as possible or they will likely mold. Kief has to be dried thoroughly before curing. You can extend the kief over large pieces of cardboard. A very common thing to use for drying kief is pizza boxes. If you have a pizzeria near you, you can ask them for a few boxes (unused ones hopefully 🙃)

hamstring

Veteran
Hey guys just some FYI in case someone else wanders on to this thread looking for advice.
I have made water hash and tincture more times than I can count but never dry sieve.

I put all the dry sieve hash in the refrigerator last night because I too was worried about mold. I pulled it out this morning after reading the responses. After a night in the refer ( not freezer) the hash was easy to break up and was not clumpy any more. Could have been it was just sticky from warming up yesterday.

I took everyones advice anyway and put all the hash on some paper to dry just in case. Again thanks for all the help.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Glad I saw this thread. Also been taking advantage of the Cold to do some sifting. I always get condensation on the outside of my bucket when it comes back inside from being out in the subfreezing temps. Just spread everything out to dry.

Latest posts

Latest posts