What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

drug testing at birth

gonzo`

Wait I dont get it? You can smoke weed during pregnancy and not mess with the brain development of your child? Are you sure?

lohocla420

thanks everybody, especially Miss Blunted. My wife and I really appreciate the support from everyone. I will chime in here and there for updates about the pregnancy and the actual birth, which is January 30th

She is actually breech also, I forgot to mention, and it is quite painful from what she says. She might be having a Csection so we will again look to marijuana for relief when she comes home. It really is a wonderful plant.

:thanks:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Okay now this is something I know nothing about in terms of effects on preganance

On that thought, I really don't have an issue with cannabis and pregnancy but I think I would have to say it's not in the best interest of the mother or child for the mother to be smoking. Anything. Wouldn't edibles be the better choice?

Aren't we still dealing with tar and the other by products of smoke entering the lungs?
this is the point im having trouble with. we know cannabis has the potential to cause developmental problems, and it is your choice. thats not my problem. and no, ive never been pregnant, and hopefully never will. so i do not know how it is. but if you must take in cannabis, why not do it in a way that wont produce all those harmful chemicals? sure, everyone encounters them, but why push it?

that said, is it not an option to have the birth done in a private setting? that way, there wont be any strangers taking it off to some room to do all sorts of tests and mutilate his penis and what not. maybe i sound biased... :xmasnut:

i dont think they have the right to test your baby if you did not consent to it. and i would fight that to the fucking grave if it happened to me.

dont sign your baby off to the gov't... keep it for yourself... thats my motto.

thank you

lohocla420

George and nepa: we would be all over edibles if it was something we could come by where we live, coincidentally we live in an area called nepa. I did however buy her a vaporizer so she had used that quite often.

next time around, if there is one, I will surely have edibles around, as we now have a small personal micro grow, for my wife and I. We do appreciate everyones concern and we are very aware of the risks involved with inhaling dried plant material.

K

kannubis

The half life of mj in urinalysis is said to be 28 days. Quitting by January 3 will take the possibility away, unless they are going for hair follicles. Pre-congratulations!!!

lohocla420

bump for newborn Gianna 10 this morning, 7 lb 4 oz. she is a very healthy baby
She is the single most beautiful thing Ive ever seen in my life. I loved her immediately, especially when she first opened her eyes and looked at her mother and I with this big bright eyes.

Thanks again for everyones support.

K

ka0tik_kreati0n

ok, so how does that work then? cause Im legally able to smoke, but pregnant, and I was planning on vaping to help with my bipolar since I cant take pills(they are very dangerous to the fetus) but I know they drug test when you are first pregnant they did me with my son.. but I wasnt smoking then... so I just dont want any problems with law. or who knows the law is it ILLEGAL when pregnant? im really stoned and very curious

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Edit: Didn't realize this was an older thread I'd already responded to. LOL

Congrats on the birth! My girl just started sleeping 4-5 hours (in a row!) and things are getting less hectic around here again. LOL Sleep is good! :D

Stay Safe! :tree:

Last edited:

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
She is the single most beautiful thing Ive ever seen in my life. I loved her immediately, especially when she first opened her eyes and looked at her mother and I with this big bright eyes.

Congrats man..... :dance013:

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran

Congratulations on Gianna's arrival....Daughters and Fathers have a wonderful bond, love her to pieces!!!

lohocla420

Thanks to everyone from my wife and I, we do honestly appreciate it

we already have quite the bond actually. when I speak sh'ell open the eyes and look right at me. she wont do it for my wife. but thats ok, she understands that there is a special bond between us already.

Ka0tic: you are very right for wanting to smoke, my wife also has bipolar disorder, among other ailments such as depression and anxiety. sometimes I would come home and she would be crying for no reason. shes really emotianol. but anyways, she too did not think it right, even though the doctor said it ok, that she should continue her klonopin. I agreed so pot was the obvious choice as she already was a smoker but unaware of the many medicinal benefits that can be acquired with the perfect strain on hand. smoking wasnt ouir first choice for consumption but we didnt always have a good vape or potfood on hand.
AS far as I know there are no known written laws in most states with regards to drug testing a fetus or the mother at birth. from what ive gathered from a couple sources, is that worse case scenario, they will come and give you paperwork about getting help to get off "dope". other drugs might prompt more serious action. but this is all hearsay from friends of friends and online banter

What state are you in that they tested you? crazy
they dont test the mothers that binge drink and smoke menthol cigarettes all day!! why should they test us or anyone for that matrter? and what about the fat lazy pigs that horf fast food all day and wash it down with a 64 oz coke no ice? these are the kinds of people that need to be hit in the temple with a ball peen hammer, on a daily basis.
if I ever had too I would fight for my wifes right to ease her pain through the use of medicine of her choice. thats something no human should be denied.

good luck Ka0tic

K

ka0tik_kreati0n

thx man, Im actually from california.. buut because I was on state aid, I think that they drug test everyone.. and I was a high risk pregnancy

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Wait I dont get it? You can smoke weed during pregnancy and not mess with the brain development of your child? Are you sure?
Yes, at least I'm sure. In fact, I've read several studies that point toward cannabinoids being very beneficial to brain function and development. (would someone care to track those down? I know they're out there but it wasn't important to me at the time to save the link.)

I can imagine that, like anything else, excessive usage or powerful indicas would not be good, but a little bit of a good sativa, a couple times a day, is not detrimental to the child. Much better eaten... but vaping will do. You can get away with smoking if the quality is very good. My wife and I don't have a vape that's worth anything so she smoked good herb every day. My daughter was 8lbs+ at birth and is a super-happy and healthy baby. :D
Without the cannabis, my wife would have miscarried from the strain of vomiting so strongly.

Too many people spout off about what they "Think" they know about cannabis. Too few have actually taken the time to look into both sides of the issue.

Cannabis should be available to be used by everyone.
End the misery and waste... end Prohibition in the world!

Stay Safe! :tree:

gonzo`

Well you don't actually know if the cannabis is damaging your baby. I'm talking long-term... Why would you take that risk at all? Doesn't make sense really. But I haven't been in your positions so I don't know myself... Respect.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
My wife smokes as much as me, but she quit as soon as she found out she was preggers.

IMO, I don't see the point in risking anything when it comes to your child. At 18 they can make their own decisions on what to try or not, before then its on the parents to make the best decisions concerning their childrens well being. Smoke is not good for developing little critters.

I

itsachick

My experience..

My experience..

I just actually went through this about a year ago now.. I was on government medicaid, which now they do have the right to test you and your child to decide whether they are going pay for it and also whether you get DSS called, this happend right after I gave birth thank god. The only way they can do anything is if the BABY comes up positive for drugs not the mother. I smoked on my way to the hospital and did not deny I smoked. They did call DSS and what not, but nothing absolutely nothing happend. they worried me in the hospital for about a day... they tested my daughter and everything came back negative. I had a couple nurses talk to me, I explained to them I knew what I did and the effects but the effects were so small when I was so sick and losing wieght, most nausea medication is crap and don't work. I won't quote anyone or put what other people think down but I believe they have the right to test children, not the mother. MJ from all I have heard will not show up in the child. Other dirty nasty drugs will tho.. MJ IS NOT A DRUG DANG IT lol