What's new

Dripsystem DIY for tent with 2 plants and tent with 1 plant

Boio_

Hello Ya'll!

Todays I have a few questions for everyone who is good with DIY stuff. The growing experience is going well, some hurdles here and there, but overall the hobby is giving me a lot in terms of soul and body. However I did underestimate how much these roots can get a hold of you. I'd like to see my family more often and generally be able to take short trips. While I try to get regular waterings going around 2-3 times a week upon feeling dry soil, these plants drink in different intervals it seems.

That is why I'd like to build a budget drip system for both a 40x40cm tent with 1 and a 60x80cm tent with 2 plants. I was thinking of using gravity for pressure, simply placing the reservoir higher up and thus avoiding the need for a pump.

The questions:

Is this endeavour reasonable for small spaces like that?

I know some people used similar concepts (just putting a bottle in the soil with holes poked in the cap), how do I make sure the plants get the right amount of water?

Will this damage my plants in any way?

What system do you recommend?

Best regards
Boio

troutman

Seed Whore
This past grow I tried out a bunch of 1/4"FloraFlex Flora Tubing, 1/4" Tee Barb tubing connectors with
a 3" FloraFlex Matrix Circulators. I placed a 4" rockwool cube around the stem of each plant and then
planted a circulator connected with a Tee Barb connector into the top. The tubing fits exactly into the
plastic tip of a 10CC body of syringe. I then placed a small funnel on the large end of the syringe body
to pour water into by gravity.

Floraflex has an entire line of products. But I just only used their tubing and circulators. :)

You could get fancy and get a pump,etc. But I opted for a manual watering system using only a few items.
I used a rockwool cube to keep the circulators off the soil to prevent the small drip holes from clogging.

In this video they show you the small circulator in action placed on their green round matrix disk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StGr...ture=emb_title

Boio_

skunk numba one thanks, will do.

troutman how many days can you run that system without being around and how much would a system with a pump increase cost as well as increase the space necessary?

Do you use one reservoir for multiple plants or different reservoirs?

Latest posts

Latest posts