What's new

Drip system setup question!

Kushy

Ok. So your in nursery pots with a 50/50 coco perlite mixture. Are you taking your rooted cuttings and transplanting directly in the 15”s? Or are you starting with 1 or 2 gallon pots and then stepping up? Reason I ask is because you mentioned something about slowed root growth and I was curious about your modus operandi for transplantation of rooted cuttings.

I am transplanting. I went from 7 gllons to 15 gallons about 3 weeks ago.Roots are shooting out the bottom and around the pot already. I used benificials since the beginning and going to blast out the first 2 weeks of flower with Trichederma, bacillus, ect. Hoping to add faster moisture absorbtion.

Kushy

I have also added another dripper per pot seems like 4 will give more more control. Im about a week into flower and have never seen growth as fas as this. My silverback has stretched more than a foot just 1 week. I am really likeing the drip setup. Only downfall is i hate moving around all the plants on the setup. I think i will upgrade next run.

N-P-Kali

so you transplant from cutting to 7-gallon right? That should work fine if given enough time to fill out the 7 before moving on to the 15.

As long as the volume of water emitted through the orifice into the container is accurate, in your system, then you are in good shape.

Keep up the work with your drip system. It will reward you once it is dialed in.

Budsworth

We use the Blu-mats. Gotta get your res above your plants because it's a gravity system. Other than that...totally happy with them. Keep the medium wet.

You do need to check on them everyday to make sure you don't have any run-away drippers. And we like to top water in certain things a couple times a week (Silica...shit is nothing but problems in the reservoir). But the Blumats get the job done. We're very happy with them.