What's new

Dri-Eaz and Santa Fe Dehumidifiers

O

otis33

I just did some internet shopping and found similar prices for units with 6-10000hrs on them....I guess I will keep shopping

O

otis33

I don't need portable, I need something that removes lots of water and that will run reliably for a long time. I was looking at the compact and the cmc and was wondering about both.they seemed like a good deal. Thanks for the input. The house they are going to has a very dank, damp basement. My cheap haier(?) Won't keep it below 70 since spring. I'm amazed I have not had major problems yet....yet. I was just going to run a couple cheap ones, but I figure if o just spend the money now I won't have to worry about humidity for a long time.

A

ak-51

The Santa Fe Impact XT is their most efficient model, but their page says a couple of notable things:

The unit is engineered for extreme quiet operation and is optimized for low heat load.

Low Temperature Operation – Engineered for the temperature and air flow issues that surface in crawlspaces and basements.

I wonder exactly how low they want the ambient temp to be for this thing to work most efficiently?

It's similarly priced to the Max Dry Dual XT. The Impact XT is 20% more efficient, but the Max Dry Dual XT has almost a 50% higher capacity.

V

Veg N Out

Most of the time dehums rated for low temperature just mean that they will still dehumidify the air at a lower temp. The one draw back to the Dri Eaz LGR dehums is that you really need it to be 75 degrees at least before they work at their best...

MIway

Veteran
Most of the time dehums rated for low temperature just mean that they will still dehumidify the air at a lower temp. The one draw back to the Dri Eaz LGR dehums is that you really need it to be 75 degrees at least before they work at their best...

same dealio with the phoenix lines, and these restoration types usually go lower than the standard units. but if my temps drop below 70 or so the defrost functions kick in... one thermistor failed on me and had a block of ice in there. a $3 part had the unit down for a week

but a space heater that is placed and directed at the intake will keep them from freezing up, even if the ambient is lower (ish)... tip for those emergency situations

O

otis33

Had a discussion with a water restoration guy. I may be trading an oz for adrieaz/drizair or an even more powerful Phoenix. I have not researched the Phoenix, but my guy claims this one is way bigger/ more power. I'll be researching Phoenix products until he comes thorough

whereyeaat

Im building a 6kw, 66 plant room in promix 5 gal pots. Torn between the sante fe classic and dual max. the $500 difference in price isnt the biggest concern, but still a consideration none the less. Just wondering if the classic would cut it? Also anyone know a good distributer in Canada?

Theophilus

Need some help advice on the subject of dehums and this looks like the best thread to piggy back on. I have a building with 2 rooms built inside, one being 8k watts and the other at 14k watts. Both are sealed rooms. I would appreciate it immensely if anyone would be willing to recommend appropriate units for what I have going on. Additionally, another question would be in regards to Co2 for these rooms. Dehums and Co2 are the final touches. Thanks in advance!

supbrosup

old thread is old, but i can snag a 1200 dri eaz for 400 bucks. are these things built to last? regardless, i'll prob just need it for this harvest but if it craps out before then ill be screwed.