What's new

Dreams and smoking weed, a question...

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I am pretty sure everyone dreams, if not you will go mental.
The main difference with heavy Cannabis users is they do not remember their dreams. Cannabis is not a dream killer, no way, at the most it is a dream memory killer.
You are just a bit mixed up on the subject.
-SamS

hi there,forgive me for bad english - cannabis is increasing melatonin levels in the brain and that will cause you to sleep mostly deep sleep with little to no dreams and usually you will have a rebound in rem sleep after 6-7 hours or in the next day.

"really weird dreams" - dream content is dictated by your waking state of mind\mindset\thought process.

as an expert in lucid dreaming\astral projection\o.b.e(all the same) - cannabis is a real "dream killer",however u can smoke a few hours before bed time and u will have more or less "normal" sleep cycles.

oldchuck

Veteran
In 1963 or '64 I did a brief review of the literature on "sleep" and found thousands of published scientific papers on the subject. It didn't take long to figure out that none of them could convincingly answer the question of why creatures need to sleep at all. Since then there have no doubt been 10 times more research on sleep and, as far as I can tell, there is still no satisfactory answer to that most basic question of why sleep. Dreaming remains even more enigmatic.

meadowman

i sleep like a log for first 4-5 hrs., but after my nightly "leak" i usually remember my dreams. like most, when i stop smoking i get very vivid dreams.

Latest posts

Latest posts