What's new

**DrBuds Bonsai Mum's- How To for You**

I have a small mother/clone cab and wont need that many clones.. Do you think this mother technique would work in a 11oz bottle? they're a little over 4.5" tall.. trying to figure out a way to keep more mothers in the same space.. With 16oz bottles i can keep 6 maximum.. with 11s, if they work, i could keep 10-12..

Last edited:

jimbob420

Well I chopped their heads and am attempting to clone them. The way I see it, either way I was going to have to top the plants so I just decided to do it now and hope that they come out ok. If they don't oh well and if they do then yay for me. I read a lot about cloning and from what I see most people use cuttings with a small diameter stem, the stems on these puppies was thick so I hope that doesn't mess it up. I did hear that it helps to make the angle cut near the growth nodes, which I did so hopefully it will work out. Took them last night and they were still purty and green this morning.

tejashidrow

Thanks Thunder..
How bout a link to your reveg thread???
I guess i don't see what node to cut at. and WHEN to cut.
And Drbud said he could do it to a seedling?? (if i read right..)
Its all alittle daunting but something i REALLY want and need to wrap my brain around THANKS!!!! pax

Last edited:

dotblunt

What an amazing thread...I've got 5 mums about 15" tall and was worried I wasn't going to make 6 clones a day with them...ROTFLMAO.

I worry no longer, in fact I'm gonna knock 5" off the tops just to give myself some more space.

Once again, The Doc ownz the clowns and Privates. Like fish in a barrel!

Good one doc, love your style. Gotta make the most out of not much (space).

I'm going to attempt bonsais from seed. Seems it will be a challenge as seeds stretch more than clones, whereas I only have about 12" vertical grow space from top of soil. Will let you know how it turns out.

Meantime I'll keep tagging along hoping for some updates.

Kudos,
Earl

Dr. Bud,

Hey man, read all the threads, totally blew my mind. I'm still in the set up stage..what can I say? I'm a perfectionist! I was just wondering about making these mommas!

I have my strain picked but problem is I only have 1 bean. What would you recommend? It's feminized so no need for sexing.

Should I grow from seed and just take the one week cuts and then take 3 week cuts, then cut whenever I can?

or should I flower it all the way out from seed and reveg to bonsai?

I started reading all your threads and that lead me to thundurkle and hempy and everyone else, sometimes it's so much info it's hard to put together.

thanks doc!!

rastafari

Should I grow from seed and just take the one week cuts and then take 3 week cuts, then cut whenever I can?

hope you don't mind me stepping in to help answer this question.

If I was you, I would take that one seed and veg it out into a bonsai mom in a separate box, then keep taking cuttings from that plant to flower.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Dr. Bud,

Hey man, read all the threads, totally blew my mind. I'm still in the set up stage..what can I say? I'm a perfectionist! I was just wondering about making these mommas!

I have my strain picked but problem is I only have 1 bean. What would you recommend? It's feminized so no need for sexing.

I started reading all your threads and that lead me to thundurkle and hempy and everyone else, sometimes it's so much info it's hard to put together.

thanks doc!!

My best Bonsai Mum was a reveg cuz I found this thread late, I think the revegged mums are awesome!!! They are easier to make a bonsai as it does all the work! Each calyx shoots a branch out, so I ended up with a nice little bush that gives me 8-10 clones a week that 4-5" long...
Here she is now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thanks rasta and thund!

I'll probably do the reveg, since it seems to be working for a lot of folks. I just gotta make sure I scrap those males on time (the downside to running mostly bagseed!)

N

nekoloving

heh - bonzai under cfl's makes almost any small space enough to keep a few moms - INVALUBLE! just had to re-read this thread again b/c its so perfect i want to make sure i understand it all! :)

i assume i could still top or fim in teh small cups to provide adiquate branching if needed, but it also looks like the act of merely trimming the clones off tells it to work work work; brilliant! ;)

and it would seem clear that the 'moms' are not `mature` when kept this small [say under 8"]
<tagged>

D

DollarsAndSense

When are you gonna stop amazing me? I've never seen mothers that itty. props +
i've read all your stuff, Doc. =)
-Dollar$

AromaDreams

just a quick question. I have 2 plants about 6 to 7 weeks into flower and I took 2 clones per plant once they showed they were female. I toped and lst'ed the plants flowering now a lot but I have the clones veggin right now,
so my question is: would it be better to start training the 2 best of the 4 for mothers or would it be better to re'vegg my seed plants for mothers?
I would have to cut the roots after re'vegg on the seed plants cuase their in 5 1/2" pots and I would like to use 4" pots, not sure if that would make a difference. thanks

counterculture.

Thanks buddy

Thanks buddy

Dr. buds you've opened my eyes to a superior way of growing, if you want to get a little more personal with your plants that is, you've made me rethink area for weight vs size of grow. I'm not a pic guy so I won't post pics but I was able to mimc your style of grow into a major op. with a space less than 1 acre I got close to 410kg. :respect:Thank You.

Tleom

If I keep a seperate cabinet for the bonsai Mothers will it need a cabonn scrubber?

Smell will be a real isue at my house.

Latest posts

Latest posts