What's new

Drawoh's Chocolate Thai

RenaissanceBrah

Can anyone speak to the effect that Drawoh's Chocolate Thai provides?

I hear it can be lackluster, but some say it provides a spiritual / happy / "best day of your life" high, and actually has a chocolate smell to it.

I smoked a strain called "Hot Chocolate" at the end of 2019 that had a similar effect, but it's not available in seed form anywhere, I'm thinking maybe it was Drawohs Chocolate Thai?

Anyways, just wondering if anyone can provide some input on what their experience with Drawoh's Chocolate Thai was like.

acespicoli

this is kinda off - darwoh has a thread on another forum with the breeding details =
heres some copy paste for your search

I have some chocolate rain (pm if you want more info on this)
  • Chocolate Rain »»» Chocolope x Cocoa Kush F1
  • Chocolope
    • »»» O.G. Chocolate Thai x Cannalope Haze
    • Chocolate Rain have basically a strong effect to the Head (fairly Relaxing; a little bit Exhilarating and Activating and also minimal Meditativ and Psychedelic) but is also affecting to the Body (Calming; a little bit Energetic and Sleepy and also minimal Narcotic)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do we know about the unknown/legendary Chocolate Thai?​

Logo Unknown or Legendary A legendary landrace strain from Thailand, Chocolate Thai first made an appearance in the U.S. sometime in the 1960s as “Thai sticks,” spindly flowers tied to a bamboo stick that were renowned for their potent high. Old school heads remember these buds as slender and airy, medium-to-dark brown in color, and possessing a unique chocolate-coffee aroma. Due to the fact that it was a long-flowering, low-yielding sativa strain that always produced male flowers and seeds and was incredibly difficult to clone and grow, it is most likely that Chocolate Thai no longer exists in its original form. There are several seed lines sold under the name, but these have either been crossbred to provide some stabilizing traits or are of unknown provenance.

Description​

Created from genetics gifted by Drawoh himself, Hazeman’s Chocolate Thai is Darwoh’s Chocolate Thai 2.5 crossed to a male Chocolate Thai 2.5. Chocolate Thai F3 is easy to grow but will get tall so give her some headroom.

Drawoh selected a male and females for a bulking of the Original Chocolate Thai line. These were grown out from his stock Chocolate Thai 2.5.

Flowering Time: 10 – 14 Weeks

From Ab.com: Chocolate Thai, also formerly known as “Thai Sticks,” is a 100% pure sativa strain that is thought to be a native landrace of Thailand. This delicious Sativa is a favorite around the world for its super tingly and arousing effects that pair perfectly with a delicious chocolate flavor. The Chocolate Thai high has a slow build of effects, first creeping its way into your brain with a lifted sense of euphoria. You’ll find yourself feeling happy and focused with a touch of motivation that helps you get to work on mental tasks or conversations. A physical relaxation accompanies this heady lift, keeping your body anchored as your mind flies higher and higher into giddy creativity. These bright daytime effects make Chocolate Thai a great choice for treating chronic stress or anxiety, depression, insomnia, appetite loss or nausea and chronic fatigue. This bud has a sweet and spicy nutty chocolate flavor with a hint of vanilla-tinted herbs. The aroma is of earthy herbs and spicy black pepper, all wrapped up with a rich dark chocolate overtone. Chocolate Thai buds have small rounded dense minty green nugs with thin orange hairs and a coating of frosty, tiny dark amber crystal trichomes.

12 Regular Seeds plus freebies!

SnowHigh Seeds' Chocolate Thai Description​

Logo SnowHigh Seeds SnowHigh Seeds Chocolate Thai Chocolate Thai Bx (OG Chocolate Thai F2 x OG Chocolate Thai F3 x Big Sur Holy Weed male)

Joint project with Drawoh of Collectable Seeds. Drawoh selected a male and females for a bulking of the OG Chocolate Thai line. These were grown out from his stock of F2’s. I also grew out my F3’s after losing all but a few plants in a selection warehouse which I lost a years’ worth of selections and more. So none of the F3’s Chocolate Thais provided a male, only females. So I used a selected Chocolate Thai x BSHW male from my Holy Chocolate Thai line which used a F3 male originally. The Holy Chocolate Thai is some of my best work, the taste of the buds are sweet, delicately tropical scented, very hypnotic aroma when flowers are gently squeezed. So this backcross to the F2 Chocolate Thai female will give you 75% of the Chocolate Thais genetics but with the other 25% coming from an Indica pheno of the Big Sur Holy Weed line which adds it unique old school effects. Nothing quite like it but the high is very potent, soaring, trippy and can catch you off guard if grow properly.

Dutch Flowers' Chocolate Thai Description​

Logo Dutch Flowers We obtained Chocolate Thai from growers in Hawaii (who also sourced our Lemon Thai, already offered here). The Chocolate Thai had a classically thunderous, soaring high that immediately won everyone's preference. Unfortunately, the superb quality came with a 14 week flowering period price tag. The buds were incredibly aromatic and resin coated, but very spindly, with strings venturing on their own out of the thin main floral cluster, giving it an overall skimpy braided look. Curious structure, definitely landrace looking, but hardly productive even outdoors. Our Chocolate Thai source had warned that to obtain a reasonable yield outdoors, his method was to crowd many plants in a limited space outdoors, in a style reminiscent of hemp grown for fiber.

Last edited:

swampthing

Anyone seen Howie lately?
Loved his Chocolate Thai 2.5 and Chocolate Piss (San Diego Cat Piss x Chocolate Thai).
Haven’t seen him around in ages. Hope all is well with him.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Can anyone find the old thread with DrawOH talking about the Chocolate Thai history of this seeds I used to have the link but now cannot find it. Thank you in advance!

Lolo94

Is DrawOH's Chocolate Thai the same as the one BillyGoat seeds used? I remember trying to get both BillyGoat's Chocolate Thai and Bangkok Betty, but both were unavailable. If memory serves me right, this was 10-12 years ago. I did manage to buy some Oriental Blue (TrainwreckxBangkok BettyxBlue Dream). It was a great producer and was good, but not what I was after.
I did recently notice tha Haze Valley Nursery is growing BillyGoat's Chocolate Thai.

Nannymouse

I wonder if Snowhigh uses or used just the one chocolate thai line.

I wonder how many 'chocolate thai' lines are out there. Sounded like Australia has something a bit different that the Drawoh line.

Stizo

Veteran
I wonder if Snowhigh uses or used just the one chocolate thai line.

I wonder how many 'chocolate thai' lines are out there. Sounded like Australia has something a bit different that the Drawoh line.
He uses multiple. There are three just in these beans I’ve got

Attachments

• IMG_1811.png
    IMG_1811.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 70

acespicoli

choc thai @ dc exchange googlefu :huggg: and repro ;)
Out of stock

wish I had the time and resources to work this one right now, been wanting to add it to the stables
maybe someone else here has the interest and time to do it?
LIEU HANH (Vietnam Black X Nevils Haze) closest im holding right now and of course CR

Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
I would get chocolate thai ibl from the nature farm it's the same one ak bean brains used. I also would wait for the half off sales they have sometimes😉