What's new

DR120 with 1kW, DIY UC, sealed with CO2

I drained the system and flushed it out with bleach (with plants out). Everything's starting to look better. Sitting at 1.0 EC and 5.8 pH. The bulb is 24" from the plants.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Day 14

Day 14

Here they are at day 14. I was having some problems with my pH due to my meter being off by 1.1. I think I have it straightened out now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That is a badass tent you've got there. I've got a DR100 and love it. Your plants are going to explode in those nice conditions.

-Funk

J

JackTheGrower

The other possible thing is the AC unit. After all it does collect moisture..

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
Garden looks so much better in the last three or four days. Roots look awesome. Keep an eye out though--I have an impression that if there's going to be a bloom, it might be timed on the second week of flower. Something I read suggests that some of the miserable creatures thrive on phosphorus... Some feeding schedules run a transitional blend through stretch and then really start pumping the phosphorus in full flower nutes in the second week. This is when--in my vague recollection--most nasties are reported... Maybe the bad-herd expands in the first two weeks of 12-12, but really explodes when full flower nutes are added to the system...

(I can't remember if you've decided to go sterile or not... but what ever you choose (I believe) it should be consistent from day one... If you are using chlorine to oxidize dead organics, you should be doing it from day one. If you are using bennies and enzymes to address dead organics, you should be doing it from day one. A systemic approach... rather than reactionary. All evidence I've encountered (first hand/research) supports the theme that the bad guys need dead organics to thrive... and explode when it's availability explodes.)

EDIT: I've heard the same thing about the Root Excelarator... that it contains enzymes... Same question being asked on Krunch's MPB thread... From what I can see, most people seem to be running dead reservoirs on super fast rDWCs that I've seen here with regular full change outs. And the results speak for themselves. (The argument that hydro is not 'organic' so we ought not pretend to even try and add bennies seems hollow to me. But I have no results to suggest that I have any idea of what I'm talking about.)

Do you have an idea on flip yet (do you know the stretch?) UCs running clean (like yours seems to be right now) can have retarded growth patterns... and with four plants with sixteen square, I'd watch your veg volume!!!!

Hopefully too much rapid growth is your biggest challenge!!!!

Best of luck!

Keep up with the updates.

Hey IM,

Thanks for all of the great info. I am not really running a sterile res, I sterilized it when I did the change but am not running chlorinated water or h2o2. I really don't want to add anything that might nullify the Roots Ex.

The smell had gone away just after the last cleaning and res change, but may be starting to come back today (almost a week later,) though it may be my imagination, it is very subtle.

I'm thinking I will veg them for another week then take it day by day.

Thanks again for the help.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
The root development between the day 19 and the 25th is awesome.

I ran DWC for a long time without any problems related to root rot, etc. Relocated--which obviously changed my environment, and I've seen problems that I never new existed.

God knows the root excel costs enough to not want to do anything bad to it...

mcattack showed up recently on Krunch's thread (I think he's a DD's-MedicalPatientBucket grower mostly on the farm) and says that he runs a live res, but Krunch, dmt (sterile with H2o2), Neo from above, and a host of others are all running dead reservoirs. It appears that DD himself is running a dead res.

If you haven't been following that thread, references to the fatman's chlorine sterilization starts earlier than this, but here's page 18-19 of the above mentioned thread (kinda early in the dead res discussion): (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3561104&postcount=256).

When things happen, they happen fast.

If you get a chance, I recommend getting a bottle of Physan 20. It's super cheap, you don't need a lot so it'll last a long time, and it appears to be what knocked off the slime in my res most recently. If nothing shows--awesome. If you get a bloom, you'll have the ability to knock it back right away. (.1ml/gal seems to be the accepted application rate (so 2.6mL for your whole system--each application costs pennies).) Pretty toxic--seems like it, but it also seems to do the job.

Day 19

Day 19

They are all starting to look better. I pulled some of the larger fan leaves today. Changed the res last night and started the third and final week of veg. 1.2ec and 5.8pH.

Attachments

• 062910_1.jpg
    062910_1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 10
  • 062910_2.jpg
    062910_2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 062910_3.jpg
    062910_3.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 10
  • 062910_4.jpg
    062910_4.jpg