What's new

Dr Sanje Gupta BLASTS U.S. WAR ON POT ON CNN NEWS!

MJ IS A SCHEDULE ONE DRUG. COCAINE IS A SCHEDULE TWO.

NOT ONE PERSON HAS DIED FROM A MJ OVERDOSE.

THE U.S. GOV HAS LIED FOR 70 YEARS. IT HAS MEDICINAL USES IN FACT THE U.S. GOV. HAS A PATENT ON MJ FOR MEDICINAL USES SO IT IS HYPOCRITICAL FOR IT TO SAY IT HAS NONE.

SPECIAL THIS SUNDAY NITE ON CNN

dddaver

Veteran
The doctor's article was excellent, but CNN continues their with their blatant propaganda with obvious fear mongering. The doctor's story was grouped in with absolute trash by CNN.

I am still just amazed at some of the mainstream propaganda like CNN spreads, even amid so much factual data as the good doctor so eloquently pointed out. If someone reads just headlines, like a lot of people actually do when faced with so much "news" these days, then they just read
"Smoking pot is just about 'getting high'
An addiction expert warns that legalizing marijuana is like "using gasoline to put out a fire."

They will of course think, "Well, that's bad. No way they should legalize it, ever. Good thing that shit is Schedule I. It should remain there."

Please tell me that is not as misleading and blatant propaganda as "Reefer Madness" was, actually worse.

The madness now is realizing that this is just another in that long list of transparent bullshit and fear mongering the American public has been spoon fed the last 70 years. Good job by CNN for once again proving they are just a voice of mainstream/propaganda/big money bullshit. Thank you so much. At least they are consistent in being full of crap.

Joedoe555

This is a step in the right direction but I still think Sanjay Gupta is a dumb ass. I watched an interview he did on CNN where he was discussing how marijuana is less addictive than other drugs. To put it in perspective he started citing percentages of users that get addicted to certain drugs. He put LSD and heroin in the same category! He said 30% percent of LSD and heroin users become addicted. WTF!?! REALLY? When was the last time you saw a crowd of LSD addicts waiting outside of a methadone clinic?

Neekz

I am still just amazed at some of the mainstream propaganda like CNN spreads, even amid so much factual data as the good doctor so eloquently pointed out. If someone reads just headlines, like a lot of people actually do when faced with so much "news" these days, then they just read
"Smoking pot is just about 'getting high'
An addiction expert warns that legalizing marijuana is like "using gasoline to put out a fire."

They will of course think, "Well, that's bad. No way they should legalize it, ever. Good thing that shit is Schedule I. It should remain there."

Please tell me that is not as misleading and blatant propaganda as "Reefer Madness" was, actually worse.

The madness now is realizing that this is just another in that long list of transparent bullshit and fear mongering the American public has been spoon fed the last 70 years. Good job by CNN for once again proving they are just a voice of mainstream/propaganda/big money bullshit. Thank you so much. At least they are consistent in being full of crap.

IDK man, try reading the user comment's on CNN (Where all the Conserv-o-bama hating troll's linger...). First one reads as follows

"I smoke weed every day, have a productive job directly out of college and have no issues with motivation. I never smoke before going to work, just at night an hour before I go to bed. People who use anything like this responsibly deserve the right to use it as they please. We should not hold the government accountable for peoples' actions, especially when these actions only affect themselves."

and you know what, 1985 random unique people liked it. Next reply is a "daily vaper" getting over a thousand positive votes. Even if he's trying to paint the picture as we all just wanna get stoned, the american people agree any way,so let us get stoned! There's people who haven't even smoked in their life commenting standing up for everyone else's right to consume cannabis. The american people are getting sick of our right's being stripped/watered-down. If the government won't budge on something as small as this, and I am sure that I am not the only person thinking this, then you think they are gonna back off on the big $ issue's (You know thing's like sequestration, higher taxes, collapsing public infrastructure...)? People are already asking when will enough be enough?

A

Alone

The people will listen.. now that Dr Gupta said its not dangerous.
Sheeple.
I will be truly happy when this crap hole comes to a screaching halt and ignorant people see how ignorant they really are.
People who hate MMJ no matter what the facts are, are just people who hate people having their own opinions about stuff.

oldchuck

Veteran
I see that show is on tonight. I don't have cable and I'd like to see it. Anybody know a web site that feeds CNN live without fees?

dddaver

Veteran
IDK man, try reading the user comment's on CNN (Where all the Conserv-o-bama hating troll's linger...). First one reads as follows

"I smoke weed every day, have a productive job directly out of college and have no issues with motivation. I never smoke before going to work, just at night an hour before I go to bed. People who use anything like this responsibly deserve the right to use it as they please. We should not hold the government accountable for peoples' actions, especially when these actions only affect themselves."

and you know what, 1985 random unique people liked it. Next reply is a "daily vaper" getting over a thousand positive votes. Even if he's trying to paint the picture as we all just wanna get stoned, the american people agree any way,so let us get stoned! There's people who haven't even smoked in their life commenting standing up for everyone else's right to consume cannabis. The american people are getting sick of our right's being stripped/watered-down. If the government won't budge on something as small as this, and I am sure that I am not the only person thinking this, then you think they are gonna back off on the big $ issue's (You know thing's like sequestration, higher taxes, collapsing public infrastructure...)? People are already asking when will enough be enough?

I think maybe you missed my point entirely. And I did read the comments. Personally, I think all that likes and dislikes crap is for the birds.

But back to the subject at hand, what you say is NOT at all pertaining to what I was complaining about. The problem is the huge disparity between what is reported by CNN as "news" and yet, as you point out, the people comment and indicate a reality far different than what is reported. I also was trying to point out that CNN grouping Gupta's story with the lead story about gas and fire from the marijuana "expert" is just stupid.

But whatever you get from it, cool. I agree with the poster who said at least it is a step in the right direction. It's just a shame most of the time people have to sift through so much bullshit to read the truth.

I

icon

I see that show is on tonight. I don't have cable and I'd like to see it. Anybody know a web site that feeds CNN live without fees?

tomarrow night, i bet it'll be on youtube in about a week if you miss it
too bad its on at 11pm when most people are asleep cause they have to go to work on monday.

Neekz

But whatever you get from it, cool. I agree with the poster who said at least it is a step in the right direction. It's just a shame most of the time people have to sift through so much bullshit to read the truth.

:tumbleweed: Got your point breh, my point was, there's alot of dense people out there, yet despite that, I think they have enough brainpower to read the little disclaimer before the article,

"Editor's note: Howard C. Samuels, author of "Alive Again: Recovering from Alcoholism and Drug Addiction," is the founder and president of The Hills Treatment Center in Los Angeles.",

and realize that this article on MJ is totally biased, being written by a Rehab owner... Shit I think most people grasp the concept of opinion as well, and can see that his view is his, and if he doesn't bash weed, it would be his ass on the grass... But yes, I guess you can get a skewed view on reality by just reading the headline's. Everyone know's that if you want a ragtag neighborhood justice league's opinions and commentary of world event's (Or as the over 50 crowd call's it "News"...), just head over to CNN.com... It's 2013, only tards believe everything they read on the web... Too bad our countries at a 9:1 ratio of asshat's:stoner's...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^the Charlotte story was very touching. Call me fucked up, but she is really just the mascot what we needed to show "merican" people the actual high amount of benefits and lack of bad side effects that mmj has. A cute little white girl with a twin that we can directly compare her to and see what she could be with out the Epilepsy. America is fucked up and unless it effects a cute little white kid, then they dont give a shit. Just like america didnt care about guns again till sandy hook, and then go after assault rifles when hand guns kill more black and Hispanic kids in the inner cities in one year than assault rifles kill in a decade. Just like America didnt give a shit about heroin killing kids in mass numbers in the early 90's until it starting killing kids in white suburbia. 1000 poor inner city kids die, and no news report except on gang violence. 2 white kids die in the bible belt and all of a sudden its in news week and an epidemic. Just like Americans dont give a shit that the pc they are reading this post on was made by slaves in china.

it also disturbs me that the parents are so worried about getting there kid a liitle high and only would use a high cbd strain. if there is a strain with cbd and thc then they should just fucking use it. It does play into the reefer madness hysteria of the high. also that cute stoner girl driving the car in the driving coordination test has a place in the hot stoner chicks thread

Last edited:

oldchuck

Veteran
I can see the CNN corporate agenda shinning through with this Gupta business. They have made a very top level business decision that medical is okay but recreational, especially for teenagers, is not okay and should stay illegal. Also driving is bad. I don't think they (CNN and other corporate types) have figured out how bad legal and widely deployed medical will be for big pharma if people don't need to pop so many of their poison pills.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
30+ % THC from something that looks like it came out after getting blasted

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ol Miss must have a state of the art lab

oldchuck

Veteran
30+ % THC from something that looks like it came out after getting blasted

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ol Miss must have a state of the art lab

I think he said 37%. I wonder if he knows what bullshit he is talking.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can see the CNN corporate agenda shinning through with this Gupta business. They have made a very top level business decision that medical is okay but recreational, especially for teenagers, is not okay and should stay illegal. Also driving is bad. I don't think they (CNN and other corporate types) have figured out how bad legal and widely deployed medical will be for big pharma if people don't need to pop so many of their poison pills.

Your right. the bottom line is that they made a corporate decision. mmj is overwhelmingly popular and they support it to retain ratings.

IMHO this is another example of the mmj community's success. Now is the time to keep the pressure on, by keeping our voices loud and clear.