What's new

Dr is in Da house 5 plant scrog

LEDNewbie

Veteran
AWESOME!!! You da man!!!

Haven't been this excited to be on the internet in a LONG TIME:laughing:

Thats not bad if you can get (9-12) 35 gallon totes filled with 2 bags of Pro Mix plus other ingredients. Was thinking you were going to need like 8 Pro Mix bags!!! LOL!!!!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Guess I should read the description in the link you sent me a little better:good: That price is for 4 totes!!! Guess I'll have to find a Walmart that has some in stock.

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all little update gave them some foilage spray today 3 days since transplanting into 2" containers noticed roots starting to peak out of them so things are moving right along
2 - 3 more days and will transplant and place them under 1000's

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Do you just do the foilage spray right now or are you adding some nutes to the dirt as well?

While vegging right now are your lights on 24 hours or 18/6??

Also since I'll be only vegging under fluorescents what do you think my time line should be? 1 week in 2 inch pots, 2 weeks in 2 liter pots, 2 weeks on 5 gallons pots and 2 weeks in 35 gallon totes? Then transfer over to my 1000W Gavita's and start 12/12???

Thanks bud!!!!:smoker:

DrFever

Veteran
Do you just do the foilage spray right now or are you adding some nutes to the dirt as well?

While vegging right now are your lights on 24 hours or 18/6??

Also since I'll be only vegging under fluorescents what do you think my time line should be? 1 week in 2 inch pots, 2 weeks in 2 liter pots, 2 weeks on 5 gallons pots and 2 weeks in 35 gallon totes? Then transfer over to my 1000W Gavita's and start 12/12???

Thanks bud!!!!:smoker:

Hey LED i am giving them water one day next day foilage then next day nutrients 450 -600 ppm being in 2" of soil they drink lots as for lighting there on 24 hr presently till next transplanting then 18/6
As for your lighting schedule sounds pretty good i would go under flourescents first week 24 hrs cycle then second week turn it to 18/6 and keep it there i would probably once in 5 gallon get some 1000's on them starting second week then once you transplanted into 35 gallon keep 1000's on them 7 to 10 days then flip pending on size in the next 2 weeks you will see the start of my training etc and get a better grasp of things :tiphat:

vukman

Veteran
Hey all little update gave them some foilage spray today 3 days since transplanting into 2" containers noticed roots starting to peak out of them so things are moving right along
2 - 3 more days and will transplant and place them under 1000's

awwww........lookit the cute little babies!!!!!...lookin' nice my friend...nice tight nodes already...keep saying but damn, I can't wait for the good stuff to start..:)

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey LED i am giving them water one day next day foilage then next day nutrients 450 -600 ppm being in 2" of soil they drink lots as for lighting there on 24 hr presently till next transplanting then 18/6
As for your lighting schedule sounds pretty good i would go under flourescents first week 24 hrs cycle then second week turn it to 18/6 and keep it there i would probably once in 5 gallon get some 1000's on them starting second week then once you transplanted into 35 gallon keep 1000's on them 7 to 10 days then flip pending on size in the next 2 weeks you will see the start of my training etc and get a better grasp of things :tiphat:

Awesome!!! Thanks for taking me under your wing!!!!:headbange

Really looking forward to the coming weeks!! What are you liking for nutes in these early stages?

DrFever

Veteran
Hello everyone here is a update
transplanted clones into 2" on 15th and and today is almost one week in 2" trays figured i better see how the root system looks and possibly get them into 6" and under 1 k of lighting :).
My schedule will be 18/6, i also moistened my soil with 650 ppm of nutrients and once transplanted gave them all a good dose of food
i will implement C02 going into second week at this stage woo hoo 2 weeks till next transplant into training totes
Note there is a little of lower leaf yellowing which is from original cut i don;t worry about them leafs its new leaf growth. We need to worry about
Plants will naturally drop them leafs off when there done with them

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Do you use any type of mold/bug preventative measures like a foliage spray? Or do you not have issues with those things?

Also if you were introducing clones from an outside source would you do anything to them before bringing them into the growing area?

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all little update after second day of 1000 watts plants are growing :)) 5 more days and then i will hammer them with C02 presently venting room temps are 88 just where i want it humidity 70 - 80 will fire up the fogger in next few days

DrFever

Veteran
Hey LED if your bringing plants or cuttings from outside i would suggest quarantining them and treating them for any type of bugs before placing them in a sterile grow room i have never had mold issues as for bugs like anything else if you got fresh air intakes then you need to place filters , SOS pads anything to help prevent any type of entering thru them.
Also preventative measures treating plants throughout veg for insects using neem oil is good practice , when transplanting into my training pots is where i will do a good treatment coming soon :)) next transplant will post pics of how

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey LED if your bringing plants or cuttings from outside i would suggest quarantining them and treating them for any type of bugs before placing them in a sterile grow room i have never had mold issues as for bugs like anything else if you got fresh air intakes then you need to place filters , SOS pads anything to help prevent any type of entering thru them.
Also preventative measures treating plants throughout veg for insects using neem oil is good practice , when transplanting into my training pots is where i will do a good treatment coming soon :)) next transplant will post pics of how

so you just use neem oil as your preventive then? How often will spray plants with Neem? Once a week? Do you do this throughout veg and flower?

Any suggestions on products you like to use for treating clones for bugs? Thanks bud....

DrFever

Veteran
Yea man usually when i transplant i will make up a 5 gallon batch of neem oil then prior to transplanting instead of spraying clones which i find is a waste of time. ( You just never seem to get rid of all of them )
i will actually dunk clones or plants upside down completely moving them up and down for a few mins then carefully standing them back up letting them dry out then transplanting into next pot
also weekly neem sprays on plants make them nice and healthy

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Yea man usually when i transplant i will make up a 5 gallon batch of neem oil then prior to transplanting instead of spraying clones which i find is a waste of time. ( You just never seem to get rid of all of them )
i will actually dunk clones or plants upside down completely moving them up and down for a few mins then carefully standing them back up letting them dry out then transplanting into next pot
also weekly neem sprays on plants make them nice and healthy

Now thats the kind info that is worth it's weight in GOLD!!:woohoo: Thank you sir!!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
on your new 5x15 grow area, how many oscillating fans will you be using to blow across the canopy? I'm assuming you'll be using pedestal fans? Thanks