What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dr grinspoon grow

FireIn.TheSky

Grinspoon is a great strain, I've grown a few. I did get one odd indica pheno that sucked balls.

One sativa pheno that was d ok, and most recently a great sativa pheno that finishes in 70 days with lots of resin, looks just like a pure sativa, but not the pearl pheno I am after.

I recently just bred that sativa pheno to an ssh
male, should be pretty goodI have 3 more grinspoon in veg it looks like one of them might be the thin leafed pearl pheno

I contacted barneys about why this strain is out of stock, it seems this strain is temporarily discontinued and they are working to bring it back but don't know when that will happen.

I bought an extra 10 pack of th originals while I still could.

Anyways, it's an interesting strain.

LostTribe

Premium user
My limited experience:

I had a Neville's Haze look like this once. I grew it two times. The first time I grew it, I let it go really long, 18 weeks. I was hoping it would suddenly push out a whole bunch of calyxes and become "buds" at the last minute. It never did. One day I was looking at it, and it looked done. Every singe pistil was dead, and calyxes were swollen. It was the best pot I ever smoked, and I've been smoking for 47 years. I've had almost all the great ones.

I grew it a second time, but got tricky. I reduced the hours of light from 11 to 10, and shaved off a couple of weeks of flowering time. It looked done also. It turned out below average in potency and quality.

My plan was to find something really good to cross it to. Something that might pick up the extreme potency and quality, while giving it just minimal buds. I searched for many years, and never found anything even vaguely close or worthy of the cross. One day I realized I was maintaining a cutting for over 4 years that I never flowered. I killed it.

Later, I regretted it. I did cross it to something else, and back cross it to itself, and I still have some seeds. I grew most of those and never got lucky to grow in the correct way, or the genetics combined in a way where it is not expressing the killer product. I'm still searching for something close to that quality. It has been over a decade searching for trip weed. See link below. I still have not found it, but I am getting closer. I regret killing that cutting. It would have been worthwhile to grow it, even if only every few years, just to experience that kind of quality and potency.

The bottom line lessons for me:

It is very difficult and touchy to grow these exotics correctly. They are not WLD hash types that turn out good no matter how I grow them.

Be very careful of what you decide to cull. Some are once in a lifetime. They may not be easy like WLD, but hash plants never even come close in quality or potency to these exotic NLD type plants.

ThaiBliss

Preach on Brother Thai!

turksteelman

I purchased 5 feminized dr. Grinspoon from Tiki and they are definitely not Grinspoon genetics. Some hybrid sativa dominant. Wish I know what it was. Quite bummed about the whole thing.

FireIn.TheSky

I purchased 5 feminized dr. Grinspoon from Tiki and they are definitely not Grinspoon genetics. Some hybrid sativa dominant. Wish I know what it was. Quite bummed about the whole thing.

I have 3 more in veg 2 look like they have somewhat wider leaves. My 3rd one has skinny mutant looking leaves i have the feeling this will be the pearl pheno.

From what I have seen the pearl pheno has leaves that kind of looks like it's a dj short mutant type plant.

I would still grow them out because some of the sativa phenos are still very good, leaves may thin out ad they grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts