What's new

Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg LIVE @ Coachella TONIGHT!

Adrift

Veteran
i watched alot of the set, really enjoyed there older songs!

and is it me or has dre been hitting the gym? lol

:joint:

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Adrift, yup, I believe Dre hits the weights several times a week now...he's as buff as 50 cent..lol

amazing amazing show!!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
So, can anybody who was there shed some light on it?

Looks to me like a semi-transparent screen up near the middle of the stage (in front of backup band) with the 2pac images projected onto them....

...but I just watched the video.

Did anybody go that can shed more light?

(I'm just interested in the technical aspects, since it's clearly not a hologram.)

StayHigh149

Puff gwan bring BIGGIE back now.....

A Tupac & Biggie concert would sell out everytimne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, just think of the $$ to be made from that....I mean, u wouldn't even have to pay them when they finish the show

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Why the hell would they erase tattoos? This shit is dope. I aint fuckin with biggie tho, WEST SIDE!

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
I don't know how I feel about this... So, Holo-Pac is allegedly going on tour. Something about this just feels... disrespectful? I dunno.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
From Pitchfork:

"To create a completely synthetic human being is the most complicated thing that can be done. This is not found footage. This is not archival footage. This is an illusion."

"This is just the beginning," he said. "Dre has a massive vision for this."

And then they answered my question about how they did it... kinda...

Note that the 2Pac projection is not actually a hologram, according to The Journal, but rather a 2-D rendering, while holograms are 3-D images. At Coachella, 2Pac's computer-generated likeness was projected onto a slab of reflective Mylar plastic, a technique that was also used in Gorillaz' 2006 Grammys performance with Madonna, The Journal notes. The roots of the illusion date back to the 19th century.

The reason he doesn't have tats anymore is that it's not archival footage. they mapped images of him into a 3d model and then they're cutting his voice together and projecting it on a moving screen a little bigger than a man.

So basically, 2Pac2012 is the first official American attempt at an Idoru.

!BzdSZEgBWk~$(KGrHqN,!g0Ew5CUKk7SBMWHqlwe9g~~_3.JPG

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
From Pitchfork:

And then they answered my question about how they did it... kinda...

The reason he doesn't have tats anymore is that it's not archival footage. they mapped images of him into a 3d model and then they're cutting his voice together and projecting it on a moving screen a little bigger than a man.

So basically, 2Pac2012 is the first official American attempt at an Idoru.

i found it to be freaking awesome...

my girl and I were silent for at least a minute, we COULD NOT believe what was happening, although i noticed the way he walked at the beginning was really weird and could not be real, I really didn't know what to think....

id be down to see concerts of deceased artists....fuck ya

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Maybe they could do a Dead Celebrity All-Star Jamboree and just do medleys of different artists greatest songs....

It'll be the new Branson!

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
So, does this mean that there will be some sort of sequel to the Up In Smoke Tour from about 12 years ago?

that Tupac was intense man...intense....but one of Biggie and Tupac together...mind blown.