What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DP Think Different commercial potential outdoors

dr_sam

Hi friends,

This year, on top of two spots full of 120 gallon raised beds I decided to try to get an early harvest to come up with a few pounds in august when the market is dry.
So I bought 7 bags of 7 seeds of DP Think Different at a retarded price of more than 400 euros.
Seeded on may 1st, 1 month indoor under 600w MH, then outdoors in 20 gallon raised beds (2 plants per)... by that time only 39 were still alive... not very happy with the germination rate.
During the grow I wasn't very impressed and started thinking I wasted my time and money... until harvest came up!

Dry weight: 4.7 kilos 10.4 pounds!
That's 120g/plant
Note that the one who had 20 gallons of soil to herself was the biggest yielder.

So overall I think it has a potential... 10 pounds in 3 months (only 2 outdoors)... not bad at all!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lucky 7

Say, those are BIG! Nice work man. I am considering this plant for next year; test any potency yet? I realize it's not long enough for a good cure but still . . . inquiring minds want to know!

dr_sam

Potency is good, strong smoke, curing is not complete yet so can't comment on the taste.
It clearly wouldn't sell well in the US or Canada... but here in Europe smokers are not picky and these buds are considered top grade ...
DP says there's no lowryder genetics in TD but I had a few plants that looked and smelled just like LR....

dr_sam

Here's some additional info on the grow, have some problems with my PM box, so publishing it here too...

they were in 0.75L square containers from seed.

They got 20 liters of water twice a week, but there was 2 plants per raised bed, so consider 10 liters twice a week... all depending on weather of course.

Each raised bed was filled with 70 liters of soil.

dr_sam

Thanks!
They were approx. 1 meter tall, good for stealth grow outdoors you can grow a lot of them!
I'm in southern europe at 44°N
Peace!

B

bajangreen

Nice plants!! + on the quick yield, Tell me more about the raised beds, are they gorilla grown?

Ironeek

Seen a few of DP's Think different lost this season because of the bad weather (when auto mazzar survived!?) . Plants showed a lot of potential early on and your work certainly confirms this.

Nice Plants. Looking forward to reading your post cure smoke report. Respect + :tiphat:

B

bajangreen

How big did you make the pots dr_sam? what are they made off? did you water the plants often?

Because they are Auto's i assume you didn't do any training.

What type of soil did you use?

highroller614

Early harvest thats what im talking about. If worst comes to worst im sure it goes for a pretty penny in Europe. Congrats and stay toking my friend.......

Latest posts

Latest posts