What's new

Double Thai

bluesat

IMG_3383.jpeg

I started messing with these last spring. I only got eight to pop out of two packs I had acquired and that was a struggle. I guess they weren’t stored great. Out of eight seedlings three were runts and died but I got five super vigorous plants. Three females and two males. I never flowered the original plants from seed but Ive grown out the clones once for a reproduction and once for sinsemilla and I’m still holding all five cuttings.

bluesat

First I dedicated my small tent for a reproduction. I flowered them in 1/4 gallon fabric pots until they were well seeded then finished the females in gallon pots. I used both males but kept the seeds from the three moms separate. I also had a few other cuts in to make seeds. I used the triangle kush and a purported chem D but I messed up the timing a bit with those and only got a handful of tk x dt and chem d x dt seeds. But I have a ton of Double Thai seeds from all three moms!

Attachments

• IMG_3481.jpeg
    IMG_3481.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3474.jpeg
    IMG_3474.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 64

bluesat

I flowered the cuttings in one gallon pots to limit stretch but they still all got to over five feet. I potted up to three gallon pots and the finally to seven gallon pots to finish.

Attachments

• IMG_6294.jpeg
    IMG_6294.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6808.jpeg
    IMG_6808.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8564.jpeg
    IMG_8564.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6243.jpeg
    IMG_6243.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6302.jpeg
    IMG_6302.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 68

bluesat

Ive been smoking the material left over from the seed making and the earlier lower buds. I love this smoke so much!! it’s potent and kind and lasts so long but also gradually fades away for a perfectly smooth landing. Once the main harvest is properly cured I’ll try to differentiate the highs of the three plants. I’ve also been smoking a lot of my golden tiger x A5, which is a relative of the double Thai I think and its been fun comparing them.

Attachments

• IMG_9458.jpeg
    IMG_9458.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9473.jpeg
    IMG_9473.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9551.jpeg
    IMG_9551.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9795.jpeg
    IMG_9795.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9476.jpeg
    IMG_9476.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9454.jpeg
    IMG_9454.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9459.jpeg
    IMG_9459.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 60

bluesat

Nice work! This is Koh Chang x Hmong Thai? How would you compare it to the Golden Tiger so far? Maybe its early still…
Thanks!

This is what I found posted by Dubi: “The Meao Thai male from Cannabiogen was not kept alive after that Thai project. Double Thai has never been offered in feminized version, it has always been a regular release, hybrid between Koh Chang Thai female and Meao Thai male.”

is Hmong Thai the Meao Thai?

bluesat

Nice work! This is Koh Chang x Hmong Thai? How would you compare it to the Golden Tiger so far? Maybe its early still…
Oh regarding golden tiger I’ve not yet grown it straight but the golden tiger x A5 has a really nice active buzz for me that mostly fades without heaviness too but definitely more of a straightforward up high and not as nuanced as the dt. But Ill let you know more as the dt’s cure

bluesat

Good job on these. I’m wondering what the flower time was? You go with 12/12 or ?
thanks! I’ll do better next time. 10.5 / 13.5 the entire way with clones had the lower buds finishing around 14-15 weeks and another couple weeks overall so maybe 17 weeks or so. I think it would be a couple weeks longer from seed or under 12/12

Latest posts

Latest posts