What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Grape - Mephisto Genetics

LeakyBucket

Veteran
OK, after having failed to document my last grow (Jinxproof Go Time), which turned out wonderfully, I'm going to try and start documenting my grows again.

This time it's Double Grape, by Mephisto.

May 27th, 2023: Soaked in 25ml RO + 5ml H2O2 for 16h, then to 100% RO till crack

May 28th: Cracked, and placed crack-down in the Q-Plug

May 29th: Sprouted 2 healthy looking girls (100% germ rate):
1685669034189.png

June 1: Finished cleaning the Fallponics 2X8gal & 4X3X6 tent from the last run, and placed the girls into their new home. Running 100% RO water right now, plus 75ml Hydroguard

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
This is going to be kick ass! Thanks for sharing the details Leakybucket. I'm going to ride with you friend I love Grape plants.

LeakyBucket

Veteran
(Pics to follow)

6/2: Left girl looking nominal, right girl is doing some weird shit. Cotyledons are growing at a wild pace, but primary leaves look like shit - greying and just looking uncool.

6/3: Added 4gr Maxi Bloom, 30ml Cali Magic, and 75ml Hydroguard.

Last edited:

LeakyBucket

Veteran
6/7: OK, something is going on, and I have a theory. Both plants are now exhibiting deficiencies, most likely nutrients (definitely Cal/Mag, possibly too light on GH Maxi Bloom). I have always tried to err on the side of "less is more", in terms of nutes in hydro, on seedlings. I'm going to start upping the nutes to try and get past this. I added 4 grams Maxi, and 30ml of Cali Magic. We'll see how that goes.

6/8: Added 4 more grams of Maxi.

6/9: Added 4 more grams of Maxi.

6/12: Added 30ml (6 tsp) of Cali Magic. Things are starting to look up.

6/13: Added 4 more grams of Maxi. This brings us to 23.5gr of Maxi, 80ml (16tsp) of Cali Magic, 75ml (15tsp) of Hydroguard, into 15 gal of RO.

LeakyBucket

Veteran
6/8: Started a new seedling, same genetic. As soon as the tap root shot thru the bottom, I placed her in a 3 gal DWC, 2 gal RO + 2gr Maxi + 10ml Cali Magic.

6/13: She's taking off.

Had to be the lack of nutes.

Or the heat? This new one is inside (74F), the girls in trouble are in the garage (93F).

LeakyBucket

Veteran
6/17: Drain/filled the outside res:
  • 15 gal RO
  • 15 tsp CM
  • 15 grams GH Maxi Bloom
  • 15 tsp Hydroguard
6/19: Garage/tent: Things looking better; seeing major signs of improvement. Inside: She's killing it; slight tip burn on secondary leaves but I kept hands off and let 'er ride, and she's on slope.

6/21: Left girl is now a small bush. I brought right girl inside for ICU in veg area, and promoted inside girl to right-side garage duty. From 74*F to 102*F. Welcome to Phoenix.

Latest posts

Latest posts