What's new

DOT moves to ban e-cigarettes on planes

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whats umcomfortable about e-cigs if ya dont mind me askin ?

for one thing not everyone knows what they are and will be thinking that someone is actually smoking a real cig. next is the fact that nobody knows for certain that the exhaled 'vapor' is 100% harmless. It may be free of smoke from plant material but it has delivered nicotine to the user and so it can be expected that some remains in the exhaled vapor.

'Smoking' is NOT a right you have just because you choose to do it and can afford your smokes. my last Mercedes was designed to and could do 120mph all day on the interstate highway but by golly there are laws that say I can't.

Flying is not a right either and the privilege can be taken from you rather arbitrarily, maybe not for trying to do your e-cig thing but if you got into a fight with someone over it you could kiss your e-cig smoking ass goodbye from commercial flights forever.

I drove taxi in a wealthy NY suburb, I picked up passengers that were denied their smokes during the flight & of course while waiting for their luggage; they'd get into my cab just begging to light up and considering their anxiety level I always allowed them to do so. I'd ask them to consider that they got into a fresh smelling car and the next passengers and to use the window as effectively as they could, I hate cig smoke but had to have compassion for their needs.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
easy solution... form a line to the bathrooms... vape up...

What he said.

I've been on the e-cigs for several months now, and have completely given up tobacco. Many times I've been in situations where I really wanted to whip out the e-cig just to make a point. No smoking in here? No problem, there's no smoke. But I didn't. I just went off somewhere unobtrusive and vaped. Public restrooms, airplane restrooms, no problem. There's no smoke and no odor, so who's to know?

So why make a big deal out of it? Just be discrete. I'd think the folks here would know better than anyone the value of being discrete and not drawing attention to oneself. If you vape in an airplane or any restroom, how could they even prove it? Until they start video surveillance in restrooms, e-cig users are safe.

bentom187

Veteran
'Smoking' is NOT a right' not on a private plane your correct.

however, doing whatever you want to your body on your private property ,is, without hurting others of course.
isnt this our problem too as MJ smokers?

and yea i think your right SPL i dont fly much so i dont know specifics.
i just know that if there isnt a leagle solution ,theres a people solution,just mutual respect for different views.
its a failure of communication,just try it first instead of last.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
the only people that know exactly what an e-cig is would be the idiots using them, now go explain what an e-cig is to the ENTIRE plane load of passengers that assume smoking is unlawful on planes, you cannot expect to use something like that without taking some flak.
for a cannabis smoker that is commonly ostracized by our government and society I'd hope you would have a little bit more of an open mind. I just want to know how you come to this conclusion that smoking an electronic cigarettes makes someone an idiot when the same is commonly said about you for smoking cannabis?

I also assume most people get out more than you. Go to most sports bars in states that have smoking bans and there are people smoking them. They sell them at almost any gas station now and in the end it runs cheaper than a pack of cigarettes. Secondly, it allows someone to smoke with out inhaling nicotine! They have non-nicotine cartridges for people to buy, and lets face it for most smokers its just about having something in there hand.

now lets say you see something strapped to my chest while in mid-flight, looks like dynamite but it isn't....... according to your mindset THAT would be good to go regardless of the fools that can't tell the difference between a flare and a stick of dynamite. absolutely harmless right? fuck their comfort.
enough with the what-ifs and scare-tactic bullshit. you are trying to compare heroin to cannabis, or more commonly used apples to oranges. this can all be erased by having signs, or an announcement over the intercom while having a designated area so you don't have to sit beside them. thus someone like yourself doesn't have to sit beside, or even see when someone is smoking on there electronic cig. they already give 10-15 minutes of instructions and announcements when you board a flight anyway. also - its not like a normal cigarette. its vapor and nothing more. its like vaporizing without the peanut butter smell.

if you are going to ban e-cigs because they can be used as an chemical agent, or bomb then you should also ban everything else i can carry on. i can still carry on things as long as its in a certain size container. computers, cell phones, ipads, etc. can all be used to detonate bombs, or release chemical agents. i mean where does the bullshit end? how many more things are we going to ban before we care completely striped of everything that made this country. if its that big of a deal, and you want to smoke an electronic cigarette why can't you let security inspect it upon flight?

why are you so bent on what-ifs and scare tactics (it could be bombs, people will fight, my comfort, etc!!!!) rather than finding a solution. its vapor and there are is no proof that there are any second-hand effects unlike actual cigarettes, or cigars.

if you feel uncomfortable about e-cigs i guess every Muslim upon entering should have to remove there turban? hell no - i wouldn't think so even though it might make so hillbilly redneck very uncomfortable. just because YOU feel uncomfortable doesn't warrant another fucking law.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
I drove taxi in a wealthy NY suburb, I picked up passengers that were denied their smokes during the flight & of course while waiting for their luggage; they'd get into my cab just begging to light up and considering their anxiety level I always allowed them to do so. I'd ask them to consider that they got into a fresh smelling car and the next passengers and to use the window as effectively as they could, I hate cig smoke but had to have compassion for their needs.
right - you are making my point. it was up to the taxi company and you the driver not the fucking government. if the taxi company wants to allow it that's there business. if American Airlines says I can't because that's a decision they made as a company I am cool with that. If Delta says vape up that there decision to make and not some fat ass politician in washington dc.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I won't continue to debate this with you Rudy, it's not worth it and they're being banned for all the right reasons regardless. I will validate this point though for you, "why are they idiots for smoking e-cigs"? It's because they got hooked on tobacco to begin with; I know I take the hard line unpopular position here given the potential amount of cig smokers here but that's the way I feel. It's a waste of time, money and health.

What's the plus side of being addicted to tobacco? seriously.

don't tell me it calms the nerves cause it doesn't, instead it is the addiction that CAUSES someone to twitch when they can't light up, pathetic. spark one up & life is bearable again, sweet and it makes a person smell so good and sophisticated like.......

yeah, that's the ticket.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the taxi company wanted nobody smoking in the cars but it was left up to the drivers discretion, I have no idea if there was a village statute regarding it. They'd fire drivers for smoking in their cars, imagine driving and not being able to smoke.

if your problem is solely with the govt laying down the law then your swimming against the tide, you'll never win.

Latest posts

Latest posts