What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DoobieDuck Captures Casey Dry Macros

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not often I post in this forum but I'm breaking out of the norm..I've decided I wanna be a photographer when I grow up and spreading my pixels around won't hurt.
Here is some Head Seeds Casey Jones I just finished. I have a Casey Jones at Ninety Days album in which all my new macros of this are loaded. I hope you like um.
..the colour for today is amber...and yes it is! Thanks for your views and mostly for your posts...DD
picture.php

picture.php

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how can we not like um....those are magnificent pix bro ! :yes:
and thats a understatement :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I like the single calyx shot......but I do find that alot of the area of many of the pics is out of focus.......is there a way to have the whole pic totally in focus Doobie?

*or is it my old tired eyes?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its very difficult to get the entire frame in focus at such high mag levels. Lighting and depth of field are key. Im saving to get a macro flash. DD do you use a macro flash for your pics?

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Stunning photos and buds DD, simply stunning. The single calyx shots are standouts.

Peace.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the single calyx shot......but I do find that alot of the area of many of the pics is out of focus.......is there a way to have the whole pic totally in focus Doobie? *or is it my old tired eyes?
First many thanks to all of you who took the time to comment and all the kind words..those really make my day.
Gypsy these were shot with an old lens reversed on an extension tube so the edges of the image are distorted, out of focus, because of the technique. If I could afford a high dollar lense it would remedy this, soon in the future I hope. I could crop out the out of focus section as well but it adds depth to the images so I don't. When shooting macro the depth of field is so shallow it is extremely hard to get one trich in focus and others just slightly further away will be completely out of focus. I'm still working on perfecting this daily, hourly, as we speak..so I hope to have even better images in the future. Thanks again every last one of you and Head Seeds. DD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts