What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dont put mycorrhizae in ACT

vertigo0007

If you siphon off the water, and leave the talcum I can't see that there would be much of a problem.

If you recycle your soil then you won't have to apply all of the time.
My bad i meant if instead of brewing and siphoning off the top, if i just add the powder to the root zone wont the talc be an issue? Im envisioning it sucking the moisture right out of the roots. Thanks

furrywall11

What about just mixing mycos in water and applying to the soil at the base of the plant?

Also, it's generally accepted where I live that you don't mix mycos into the tea until minutes before it's applied.

B

BugJar

i assume the producers culture it in some substance it may just be a matter of finding out what medium etc until we can all culture our own

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so what's the problem with just adding myco to a gl of water and dumping into the soil around the base of the plant??

Only a very few number of spores will make it into the rhizosphere as they are non-motile. It would be similar to eating a plate of food by dumping it on one's face.:)

Look at the link I provided in the other thread.

furrywall11

Very nice explanation, thanks. So, the mycos that you buy from the store in products like great white are wasted in a soil drench because the organisms in them weren't gifted with biological ability to move about on their own and consequently many of them don't make it into the rhizosphere where they would actually be beneficial to the plants system. I usually buy this product called Rhizoboost, a local company puts it out, it's especially formulated for cannabis. It's about an 1/8 of the price of Great White so I could afford to put it in every watering, feeding, and tea if I wanted to. So, I may not be getting my bang for the buck but I think the my plants are probably getting the mycos they need. I didn't see that link that you posted Microbeman, would you mind reposting? Thanks again

O

OrganicOzarks

I still have yet to see a benefit of using mycorrhizae on my cannabis plants. I get the furry roots, and they look all pretty, and shit, but I never see a difference in growth/yield. Seems to be a waste of money to me. Maybe if I was doing outdoor I would see a benefit, but indoors in pots I don't see a benefit.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice explanation, thanks. So, the mycos that you buy from the store in products like great white are wasted in a soil drench because the organisms in them weren't gifted with biological ability to move about on their own and consequently many of them don't make it into the rhizosphere where they would actually be beneficial to the plants system. I usually buy this product called Rhizoboost, a local company puts it out, it's especially formulated for cannabis. It's about an 1/8 of the price of Great White so I could afford to put it in every watering, feeding, and tea if I wanted to. So, I may not be getting my bang for the buck but I think the my plants are probably getting the mycos they need. I didn't see that link that you posted Microbeman, would you mind reposting? Thanks again

It is in the other thread on myc. There is a reason why I did not post it again.

Endomycorrhizal spores only sprout in contact with roots.

Latest posts

Latest posts