What's new

Donald Sterling owner of LA Clippers

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

well, I think that perhaps that Stiviano snapper has dug her last gold, millionaires/billionaires keep mistresses AND secrets, who the fuck could afford keeping a big mouth like that around???

mrcreosote

Veteran
Wiggs has a point though.
The NBA can put any arbitrary law on the books and the signatories have to abide by their decisions because it is a CONTRACT.
They have a franchise worth multi-millions to protect from incidents that could damage other owners earnings.

They have a right to be, what most others might consider, ridiculous.

Everyone else?

No.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
well that ended up being an expensive piece of ass for him......I hope he got some use from that big mouth of hers

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if he fights it, he will, at the very least, make it hurt for everyone. if he is a racist (no doubt in my mind) why is he dating a Hispanic/African woman? does he tie her up & whip her like ol' massa would have? (thought has probably crossed his mind by now, LOL!) why has she not been arrested for illegally taping their conversation? if he is such a bigot, why did he hire a black ex-player as coach & give him GM style power to run the team? if everyone knew he was such a dickhead all of this time, why have they waited so long? inquiring minds want real answers, not PC bullshit...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if he fights it, he will, at the very least, make it hurt for everyone. if he is a racist (no doubt in my mind) why is he dating a Hispanic/African woman? does he tie her up & whip her like ol' massa would have? (thought has probably crossed his mind by now, LOL!) why has she not been arrested for illegally taping their conversation? if he is such a bigot, why did he hire a black ex-player as coach & give him GM style power to run the team? if everyone knew he was such a dickhead all of this time, why have they waited so long? inquiring minds want real answers, not PC bullshit...

Yep. He is 80 years old - any bets on how soon it comes out that his mental acuity is starting to go?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bingo.

"Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling does not have the authority to stop a $2 billion sale of his team because he has been determined to be mentally unfit to make decisions related to the family trust, a person familiar with the situation told USA TODAY Sports.

The Sterling Family Trust owns the team, with Donald and his wife Shelly each owning a 50% share. The trust spells out provisions and procedures related to the mental capacity of the trustees, and Donald Sterling did not meet the standard in a determination by experts, giving his wife sole decision-making power for the trust, the person said."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...helly-los-angeles-sale-steve-ballmer/9754549/

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
$2b wow. Comped to what other similar NBA team's valuations are that's the equivalent of selling your $500,000 priced house for $2,000,000.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The buyer is Steve Ballmer, ex CEO of Microsoft. He's worth $22bil. This is not an investment for him. This is a toy and a status symbol. The price he's paying is the most ever for an NBA team, a mediocre one save the past couple years, at that. It's second most expensive sports deal ever after the LA Dodgers at $2.1bil (a historic franchise and perennial playoff team in LA). Compare that to a stepchild franchise of the city (Lakers being the important one). Insane spending spree.

Forbes valued the franchise at $575mil which is comped about right to comparable teams. Hence my analogy of selling a $500,000 house for $2,000,000. Being in LA adds value which is why other buyers were sniffing around at 1.2 (still way overpriced). Ballmer came in and destroyed everyone because he didn't care about valuation and his pockets are hella deep. It's not an investment for him. He wanted a toy. He's known for overpaying for assets. He cut some retardly expensive deals while at Microsoft that have hurt the company in the long run.

Other owners are dancing in the streets because this going to press their valuations up by a large margin.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Other Ballmer bombs as per WSJ:

Let’s take a look at some of the more notable deals of the Ballmer era:

aQuantive. In August 2007, Microsoft acquired aQuantive, a online ad agency, for $6.3 billion cash, and 85% premium. At the time, it was Microsoft’s largest deal. “This deal takes our advertising business to a new level,” the company’s COO, Kevin Johnson, said at the time. How’d it work out? Microsoft took a $6.2 billion write-off on the business in 2012. “The acquisition did not accelerate growth to the degree anticipated,” the company said.

Skype. In May 2011, Microsoft acquired Skype for $8.5 billion in an unsolicited bid “even though there were no signs of other serious bidders,” as we wrote at the time. The price tag was three times what the company had gone for just 18 months prior, as the company was scrambling to catch up in the mobile and Internet markets. How’d it work out? Microsoft doesn’t break out Skype revenue, so it’s hard to really know. But the service is popular, and they just unveiled a gee-whiz “Star Trek” like universal translator service.

Nokia. In September 2013, Microsoft acquired Nokia’s handset business, for $7.2 billion in cash. “It’s a bold step into the future – a win-win for employees, shareholders and consumers,” Mr. Ballmer said at the time. How’d it work out? You could argue, if you like, that it’s too soon to say; the deal closed only in April. But Microsoft controls less than 4% of the U.S. smartphone market. Moreover, whether it’s a win-win for employees, shareholders, and consumers, it was a definite loser for Mr. Ballmer: the Nokia deal was apparently the deal-breaker for him, and the internal fight over it led to his ouster.

Yahoo. Of all the deals Microsoft did do, it’s the one that it didn’t do that may be the most instructive. In February 2008, Microsoft offered $44.6 billion for Yahoo, a 62% premium to the company’s stock, in an attempt to merge two struggling search businesses. It was a huge deal in the high-tech world, and it was a huge, public, messy battle that Microsoft eventually lost in one way, and won in another. Yahoo ultimately rejected the deal, although angry shareholder would later boot founder Jerry Yang over it. Yahoo’s stock, which was in the $30 range when the deal was announced, would soon sink into the single digits, and would languish in the teens range for years after.

Not exactly a sterling record, no pun intended, and we didn’t even mention Microsoft’s stock, which went from $58 when Mr. Ballmer took over in 2000 to $40 and change today.

Ballmer the Baller.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

and here's the whore herself V Stiviano
bad rappin' on black people with money.

[YOUTUBEIF]jxFALRtRxVc[/YOUTUBEIF]

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I don't know I'm black it's not really that offensive she's half black clearly leaning to her Latino side but still half black. Why she wants to be famous that bad for this long is kinda weird she's certainly not alone though her type all over LA/Hollywood people that want to be famous so bad they'll do anything. If they really wanted to punish her they'd just let her fade off instead of keeping her face in the media.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know I'm black it's not really that offensive she's half black clearly leaning to her Latino side but still half black. Why she wants to be famous that bad for this long is kinda weird she's certainly not alone though her type all over LA/Hollywood people that want to be famous so bad they'll do anything. If they really wanted to punish her they'd just let her fade off instead of keeping her face in the media.

agreed, but it's still big news.

now they're claiming he's nuts (doozy bots), what a chooch.......

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
agreed, but it's still big news.

now they're claiming he's nuts (doozy bots), what a chooch.......

I don't understand why it's big news.I know she set up sterling and even if you could twist it into this nutty broad being a racist it doesn't take away from the fact sterling said what he said....does anybody really Care what this crazy woman has to say is it really big news? Does it change anything?