What's new

Dolomite lime and hard water???

Chomp

chomp i would be wary of changing mediums in the middle of a grow. coco is less absorbent than most soil-less mixes and you may find you have watering problems. i would try and see it through with the same soil mix.... but you may be just fine.

Thanks VG...I have switched up like this before...when I first tried coco I switched from MG soil and peat mix without any problems. I just break up the rootball a little and try to get some of the old stuff off...it ends up being like a slight root trim... Watering for the first week or so similar to soiless, but once the roots get established into the coco, it's all systems go.

If they were in larger containers now I wouldn't do it, but they are in 20 oz party cups and small cottage cheese containers...

Thanks again,
:joint: Chomp

OPT

Although this may be a common sense answer, when I used to use LC's mix, I bought this "dolomite Lime" from a website, only to find out later it was actually Hydrated lime which made problems happen to me that sounds similar to yours. So, be sure it is not hydrated! :)

Also, I'm missing organics after a few threads I've read, maybe i will switch back from coco for a grow or two to see if I can tweek the results to be as good as coco!

Chomp, about the mushroom compost, you only those 3 amendments? mushroom, peat, perlite? No bone meal, blood meal, greensand, etc, or are you just supplementing the mushroom compost for the EWC's?

GL fellas!

OPT

keifsweat

me too

me too

Mushroom compost does seem to be readily available in most places around here but they are probably bunk. In fact I started my first organic grow exactly as you are planning. I tortured those plants until they dried under the light. If I had just went with EWC and powdered dolo that first run would of done fine. I wasn't experienced enough to know what I could alter in that mix and unless you do I would advise not to deviate from LC's mix. And yes the greensand is important too.
I grow many things in containers besides cannabis and I personally like to run something like alfalfa through my mix the first time to get it going. I only use dolo that first time then I never throw that soil out it and it goes into my recycled bins.
I can't imagine ever balancing my water like I did in hydro. What a huge unnecessary headache.

i wish i woulda followed the recipe... torturing these girls all the way to fruition. just swithced to 12/12

Latest posts

Latest posts