What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Doing the patches and the lozenges!

Floridian

Veteran
I'm still quit people but like I said in 2012 I quit for four years just to start back in Jan till the beginning of June.Another words I knew I could do it and that's the major hurdle if you ask me.I smoked 35 years and smoked a lot,a pack and a half per day average and that was what I worked myself up to again in a matter of a few short weeks.After a little over 4 years I would have a cigarette or two with my neighbor across the street,just a social type thing nothing that could possibly get me back to where I was before.And I did it that way for many months,sometimes after that 4th year I would go 3 weeks or even a month before I smoked one.Sometimes I smoked on a few consequtive weekends,but only 3 or 4.Even though I really did know better and didn't have to be told the obvious the brain is a funny thing and can really fool you into thinking certain ways in certain circumstances and that's exactly what happened.I knew I could smoke a couple here,a single there and repeat after weeks or even a month.This turned out to be the worst decision I could possibly make.At least now I know,the problem is deep down I knew this before but my brain totally deceived me.Addiction is just a bitch and there's no half-stepping or partial remedies.I won't pick up another one in this lifetime and I'm pretty certain of that now that I really understand the deal

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
The fucking patches give me fucked up dreams...I usually don't remember my dreams but I am now and they are all fucked up ones...yeehaw

Floridian

Veteran
st you have to take them off at night,I forgot a few times and had some real vivid dreams,not all bad though some were pretty cool actually.In the literature it warns you to remove them before bed

B

bigganjabud

st you have to take them off at night,I forgot a few times and had some real vivid dreams,not all bad though some were pretty cool actually.In the literature it warns you to remove them before bed

YEAH MATE THERE IS THAT

brown_thumb

I've had some oddball dreams after chewing decarb weed. I've had similar strange dreams using nicotine lozenges. Maybe that's because both are proven to increase dopamine, epinephrine, serotonin, etc.

Floridian

Veteran
Almost a month and you know what..no big deal folks at all.But when I quit for 4 years in 2012 I was the baddest motherfucker to walk this earth lol.I was seriously proud and still a little dumbfounded that I hadn't smoked for so long.I mean c'mon fuck 35 years and then zero it was just a little much,wayy unbelievable.It's difficult but not impossible like I always believed,it's actually attainable please believe me because if you think it's not,you won't get out of the starting gate.Once you understand it really can happen then you realize and understand that other people aren't lying or on drugs lol.It's the most important thing,to believe it actually is achieveable.It was for four years for me I just made a few bad decisions and lost my way.I know so much better now!One month minus 3 days now I've got this now that I can recognize what can happen if you let your brain start fuckin around lol

Green Squall

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51779&pictureid=1419174View Image I quit cold turkey for 2 Years when living in my 5th wheel in three rivers by sequoia nat forest...Within 2 weeks of returning to city life I was back smoking..Moral of story is city life sucks ass....Yeehaw

I agree fuck the city. It's nice to soak it in every now and then, but living there? HELL NO!

I'm reading another old Paul Theroux travel book and this passage stuck out to me.

"I seldom feel uplifted in a city; on the contrary, I feel oppressed and confined. In my travels I have been more interested in the places that lay between the great cities than the cities themselves: The hinterland, not the capital. It is my suspicion that people who are glamoured by big cities and think of themselves as urbane and thoroughly metropolitan are at heart country mice - simple, fearful, over domesticated provincials, dazzled by city lights."

Good luck to everyone trying to quit. My folks chewed nicorette gum for years. On the plus side, gums and lozenges are MUCH cheaper than they used to be.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I never read the instructions lol but the smoking cessations lady never mentioned it...Yeehaw

Gry

Veteran
Once I found out I had cancer, it was easy to quit smoking, and the vegan diet I had been considering for years suddenly felt very appealing.

On a moral basis, I would feel better about a society that distributes opiates rather than tobacco.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I just quit quitting. Almost made it an entire year.

I find patches very useful but have yet to try lozenges.

Do they taste as bad as the gum?

By the way totally agree on how fast a few ends up beong a pack!

brown_thumb

I just quit quitting. Almost made it an entire year.

I find patches very useful but have yet to try lozenges.

Do they taste as bad as the gum?

By the way totally agree on how fast a few ends up beong a pack!

The brand I bought tastes like mint Maalox and has the same texture. It's not that bad... FAR better than burnt tobacco.

k-s-p

Veteran
A friend of mine started using tobacco again. We both quit about the same time 2011/2012. He's been working overseas and started mixing weed with tobacco and bam he's back to straight tobacco pipe/roll your own. He also picked up Copenhagen again. It's a tough habit to quit.

Floridian

Veteran
I will never understand this erb-tobacco thing that's so popular I hear in European countries.I just can't wrap my head around the mixture it doesn't sound tasty or effective.The reasons I've heard about it don't make sense either but I'm positive some of my habits make no sense to others so there ya go

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I fell into that trap by having too little for an entire joint.

After time it occurred to me that the smoke was smoother and I could smoke more with less coughing.

I'm sure the countless chemical additives had something to do with it.

Latest posts

Latest posts