What's new

Dogs , Share your stories. (the best security) ????

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have two pit bulls. One is 6 years old and his son who is 13 weeks old.

The father is a fun dog, very beautiful, but when a stranger comes to the door he kind of comes unleashed. He gets in an aggressive lunging posture and lets out a roaring bark that would make most reconsider unauthorized entry. The pup is learning so much from him. Dogs really learn most of what they know from other dogs.

When I am in Seattle trying to fumble with the debit card parking meters scammers have tried to come up to me and offer to help. As if I cannot figure out how to pay for parking and to hand my debit card to a street urchin. I say the words, "Bad Dog" and my dogs ears go back and he starts roaring and lunging at the guy. They get the message pretty quick.

The thing is, you can never leave home without them. My dog is always with me and we have bonded like no other. I think he only half sleeps, like a soldier, ready for duty at any time.

But all this said, if I were to let your child play with my dog his tail would wag as hard and as fast as he could do it. He seems to know when it is time to act up and when it isn't. And in 6 years he has never really bit anyone outside of just playing.

View Image

Here are some of the puppy as he has grown. He has gotten more and darker spots as he matures.
View Image

View Image

View Image

See this photo has no dark spots at all on his face at 4 weeks.
View Image

What a beautiful dog! Sooo cute!

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dogs

Dogs

I got a 6 yr old Staffie called Milly.

Don't know what I'd do without her now. She found my old mate John collapsed in the bushes last week. (Not a well man) All his friends & family had been out looking for ages, a few had walked right past him. He'd fallen behind a hedge and was unconcsious.
Milly loves John and while we were out walking she found him in a flash. I called her away twice thinking she'd found yet another hedgehog (She has a whale of a time with them) but she wouldn't budge. Well it was John. I put my coat over him & called an ambulance. He recoverd but the paramedic said another 20 mins to half an hour & he'd have died! My Milly - the heroine!
Here she's keeping an eye on our Landrover (her second home) while I watch the telly - priceless!

Stay safe :tiphat:

DrFever

Veteran
I own 2 kangals that eat 34 pounds of raw meat a day the male is 238 pounds and female is 190
I slaughter 2 - 3 cows a year just for them the eat everything from that cow Skull guts you name it , they are my security house and live stock protectors and will kill anyone and anything that enter's my property including humans by law i have to have signs private property no entering as well as gates locked to so no one can actually walk in as well as 10 mill liability insurance on them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-9UNEDbXAc

These types of dogs are bad ass bred to kill grizzly bears , wolfs pretty much anything , the Neighbours pit bull few years Back found his way in property. only to find him torn in half the next morning
I usally find half eatten coyotes on my door step in mornings talked to a animal guy and he said dogs are bringing me food that is why there dragging it to door step

Mullabor

Damn the kangals are an impressive looking dish-licker!
I'm assuming they kill the grizzly's in a pack or can they actually handle one solo???

Lovely dogs mate! :)

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dogs

Dogs

I own 2 kangals that eat 34 pounds of raw meat a day the male is 238 pounds and female is 190
I slaughter 2 - 3 cows a year just for them the eat everything from that cow Skull guts you name it , they are my security house and live stock protectors and will kill anyone and anything that enter's my property including humans by law i have to have signs private property no entering as well as gates locked to so no one can actually walk in as well as 10 mill liability insurance on them

These types of dogs are bad ass bred to kill grizzly bears , wolfs pretty much anything , the Neighbours pit bull few years Back found his way in property. only to find him torn in half the next morning
I usally find half eatten coyotes on my door step in mornings talked to a animal guy and he said dogs are bringing me food that is why there dragging it to door step

Wow I'd never seen or heard of a Kangal before. The video was really informative. I don't envy your food bill but I do your security force. Great post DrFever - oh and remind me never to pop round yours for a pack of Rizzla!!
Stay safe

S

SeaMaiden

Those are beautiful dogs, just gorgeous. I find myself wondering, what's the premium on a $10mil liability policy?

DrFever

Veteran
N

noyd666

kangal.

kangal.

:) just watching judge janine on fox news thing, had a kangal dog on, a very nice beast. would probaly eat an ounce a week.:biggrin:

lovekush®

Cannapioneer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Bred is my american staffordshire terrier (red nose). I love all the mastiffs, corso, dogo argentino and all types of pitbull but in my opinion "amstaff" is the best compromise power / agility. His intelligence sometimes leaves unbelievers ...
He saved my wife from an assault happened in the country, by three stray dogs of large size. It is one of my heroes ...

lovekush®

Cannapioneer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Wow! I know this breed kangal is a pastor of Anatolia, dog tonnage impressive ... In Italy there is a list of races made by law, in the list there are the breeds that are "insured". Where are you living things go this way?

S

staffie111

I got a English Staffordshire bull terrier. He's the most loyal dog I've ever seen. That dog lives to please me and I spoil him rotten. He's only about 45 lbs and a little shorter then knee high but I'd put money on him anyday. He's prob more powerful then the rottie I used to have that was over 120lbs. I will always have a dog as long as I'm alive and I don't think there's a more loyal animal then a bully. They got a bad rep but n the proper hands they can be your best friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts