What's new

Dog nearly dies from eating cookies.

oldog

Very recently, a large plastic container of cookies that was found in a car that was being sold and so cleaned out, was turned out and thrown in the garbage. Dog came along and ate probably 10 of them. No idea of the strength. Went to vet emergency...... Major Toxic Overdose said the vet.
Dog could not walk - been on a drip for two days.
( Drip !! not Trip !! )

The only cannabis overdose I have had in 50 years where I was really sick, was from eating brownies. Dosage is unpredictable. Too much? Oh, Oh,.... too late !! .... and there's more gonna hit you for a while after you have had more than enough.

Respect

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Man I want some of those cookies!!!!

Hope the dog is ok- prayers.

RaNgEr RiCk

Never overdosed off eating it, but I sure have tried to eat my body weight in food to try and counteract the effects. hahaha

oldog

Thanks ! Dog is still in intensive, tranquilised. Hopefully all will be well.
I pray that I will be crossing a street and a bolt of lighting
strikes me. Don't think I could take no long dying.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
next time give the animal sum hydrogen peroxide it will induce vomiting and cause them to spit up and out the foreign / poison object or foods......

hope he recovers quickly and can once again warm U'r heart and soul

P

Purple Monster

HAHA... that will teach that stupid bounty hunter!!!

lol wtf. i dont think dog the bounty hunter went into a trash and ate brownies(maybe he did). i think its an actual dog. woof woof.

L~B

hahahaha
your dog will be fine
i know a dog that ate mad butter like 2 or 3 pounds of trim and butter
dog was wasted for like 28 hrs now he is fine no worse for the ware.... for the record nothing has ever died from ingesting weed..

oldog

Bird - that was the first thought - chocolate cookies- its a theobromide reaction. But it was too intense and too long. Dog couldn't stand up 9 hours later.
(dogs are 'allergic/sensitive' to chocolate )
They still don't know what it was - just assuming. Who knows ?
Could have been rat poison from next door.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
not if your vet didn't catch it...rat poison will def kill dogs...and the vitamin K to treat it is expensive.
hope your dog is ok, if it was only pot cookies there's no worries...something else, maybe worrry.
sorry for your angst btw, a sick loved one is the shits.

S

Smoke Buddy

Oh man your poor dog.. Im sure he was miserable but Im also sure he'll be OK in a few days. I had a very bad OD on canna peanut butter... I had become basically unable to walk because I got the spins every time I moved my head. Virtigo type spins where you fall down. It was horrible. I went from feeling like dieing to feeling great as long as I didnt move. I was like that for at least 20 hours and the following couple days were dazed.... be careful with edibles for sure....
:rasta:

Darth Fader

There is no known LD-50 for cannabis. If they estimate the lethal dosage for humans @ 1500 lbs, I'd say it's fairly impossible for a dog to die from that.

oldog

Thanks to all, especially for the reassurances !
Dog is about 40 lbs, now holding its head up this morning,
which seems a good sign. Angst is right - hope to come back
Friday with good news.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
next time give the animal sum hydrogen peroxide it will induce vomiting and cause them to spit up and out the foreign / poison object or foods......

hope he recovers quickly and can once again warm U'r heart and soul

^^ yup, definitely always a good thing to know.
the choclate is what was the worst for him. but i hope all is well.

my pit ate a canna cup cake one time, she was out of it. definitely really stoned for like 2 days. but shes totally fine now.

oldog

" next time give the animal sum hydrogen peroxide it will induce vomiting " -
Re antidotes - I saw where a 'slurry' of activated charcoal is recommended for ' poisoning' . ie put about 2 tsp of charcoal in a cup of water in a blender ( for 25lb dog ) and make the animal drink it . Probably work for adults if you upped it 6 times the amount.
Problem was that it was 7 or 8 hrs before anyone realised there was a problem - too late for an antidote I would guess. The peroxide
probably would be good if you gave it an hour or two afterwards.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea, i just hope he has a good recovery and is ok.

all dog owners should know that hydrogen peroxide makes dogs puke. ESPECIALLY puppy owners. i always have some around in case... but my dogs grown out of that phase... but again.. she does like people food, and i do like to cook with cannabis.

Last edited: