What's new

Does you dog or pet understand you?

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Do you use your fingers like a dog's mouth and 'bite' him when he's getting out of hand?

Sorry, but my dog's the most beautiful dog in the universe. :D

lol funny.. Do you ever watch that show "Dog Whisperer" with Cearer and he doesn't hit or hurt the dog in anyways he just spends time correcting bad behaviour . Interesting technics that I would definately adopt.. stay safe headband 707:)

S

SeaMaiden

I watch it all the time. I learned most about animal training when I was breeding and showing Arabians, so my favorite episode was when the Dog Whisperer worked with the Horse Whisperer (some guy whose name I can't remember but he's not the one who wrote the book, that guy's a lot older). Pa... crap, Panetti? Palletta? I can't remember his name without looking it up, but yeah, I watch Cesar all the time. I seemed to naturally understand horses, but learning dogspeak requires more tutoring for me. I can look at a horse and immediately I know how it's feeling, who it's happy or pissed with, whether or not it feels good, all of that sort of stuff, just came naturally. I'm not that good yet at reading dog behavior, but I want to get there.

I love watching DW with Hazel, because of how she reacts to the dogs on the show.

There was this one episode a few years ago with this German Shepherd who always went after the family cat. Well, Hazee-Haze, she ain't down with that, she's very cat-protective and her goal was to correct this dog. So this dog goes after the family cat and next thing I know Hazel is up on her feet, tail straight up and then she's growling at the dog on the television and her hackles go up, then she starts chwoofing (she doesn't fully bark inside the house, it's a combination of a choof and woof sound), and she's ON this GSD like she wants to tear him UP for going after that cat. It was the funniest, strangest thing I've ever seen. So I like playing animal sounds for her on the computer and on tv, and I swear to God, she listens and she watches. I swear!

I also love 'playing' the harmonica for her, she 'sings' with it. I should take a video.

I want to show an example of a horse's behavior that I read immediately, and what happened subsequent to that was shocking and disturbing. Unfortunately I can't find the whole clip, but it began with this 'orphan' horse, a stallion this woman had bottle-fed from birth, when it was in the trailer she brought him in. I watched him for just a few seconds and my heart was racing and I said aloud that no one should approach him, watch the fuck OUT for that horse. I had a show stallion, he was relatively well-behaved, but I know how dangerous they are and how quickly they can move. They will kill you, and they use their mouths and teeth. Good luck getting away if you're not prepared.

Anyway, here's another clip showing another man with this stallion. I see him (the horse) exactly for what he is. I want to get to that point with dogs, too. It's building up, then at :33 the horse hits. That's why, if you're trying to work with an animal like that, you ALWAYS carry something with you. I knew a woman who was killed by a Quarter Horse stud who'd been banned from the track for savaging grooms. She'd had him for a few months, and one day she went into his paddock without the crop she normally had. He saw it instantly and grabbed her by the neck, snapped it instantly.

[YOUTUBEIF]D7FMuIwI8vU[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

Mia

When I was in high school there was this faculty member who disappeared one day. I would always see him around campus and then I didn't see him anymore. Turns out he was standing behind a horse(have no idea what he was doing) and was kicked in the face. He almost lost his life. I never saw him again.

seen the ceaser millian in uk a few years back, that guy is the boss when it comes to dogs. its all about being the alpha male or pack leader. you can use his teachings in every day life, such as being calm but asertive. (sorry about my spelling) my dog totally understands me and knows not to touch dad's rolling tray!! haha. love the dog threads on here are as big as the bud ones. peace out guys. stay safe with your dawgs!!!!

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
7.png

usda101

My pit understands evrything accept leave my plants alone that i set out in the yard for sun . He doesnt stop until he gets the roots Lol . lesson learned .

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
My pit understands evrything accept leave my plants alone that i set out in the yard for sun . He doesnt stop until he gets the roots Lol . lesson learned .

He is jealous of the attention they get.