What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does this plant is ready for harvest?

canabuder

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

The buds are pretty thin but the hairs are starting to become red, should I harvest or wait?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
No, please wait longer. If you can get a magnifying lens 30x to 100x in power, look at the trichomes on the flowers. You're looking for somewhere between 5% and 15% "Amber" trichomes. The trichomes usually change from clear, to a milky/white, and then to an amber or deeper yellow color.

Count 20 trichomes in a few spots on the flowers themselves. The sugar leaves poking out of the flowers will have more amber than the flowers, count the flower trichomes. ;) Count a few spots and average the number of amber trichomes for a good estimate.

1 amber trichome in 20 is 5% amber. 2 is 10% and 3 amber trichomes in 20 is 15% amber. I wait until at LEAST 5%, so the high/stone/effect lasts longer than 30 minutes. After 15% amber, most strains I've grown tend to get sleepy and that is definitely "overripe" cannabis I don't want.

Good luck! :D

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doesn't look healthy or happy. When did it show hair? I would keep it going as long as possible and add it to the hash pile.

dufous

The plant has stopped growing new pistils. So now it's time for you to decide how much amber you want in the trichomes.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Thank you! But what if I can't get a magnifying lens?

Usually if you look at a bud against some light and look carefully you can see the shape of the trichromes kind of like a skyline. Sometimes this can give you enough of a view to notice the different shades of clear, milky and amber.

al70

Veteran
looks like 12/12 from seed, not a happy plant, it's stopped growing, what are you feeding it ? the leaves on the plant next to it look better.

canabuder

looks like 12/12 from seed, not a happy plant, it's stopped growing, what are you feeding it ? the leaves on the plant next to it look better.

The plant was always outside, but never got complete darkness because of the lights of the street.

I am feeding it only water with a little bit of organic fertilizer.

al70

Veteran
the leaves on the right of the plant look grand, the shadow of the plant on the left look cool also, have they all been grown in same environment ?

canabuder

the leaves on the right of the plant look grand, the shadow of the plant on the left look cool also, have they all been grown in same environment ?

Yes but each one started in a different time, I have 3 plants, the one from this post is the oldest, I have a younger female that look more like a bush (I think because some animal took a bite from the top of it when it was young) and I have another one that Im not sure if it's a female or male yet but it's growing very nice, this is the one on the right, I'll send you pictures tomorrow because now it's dark.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could throw up a tarp between the street light and plants at night. Or anything that would block light. I would let it go 3-4 more if possible.

Growing can be a pleasure or a pain. Sometimes all you can do is salvage a situation. Plus hash is delicious.

Latest posts

Latest posts