What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does ruderalis give autos lower night temps?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Does the ruderalis in autos allow for lower night temperatures, hence somewhat earlier setting outside, than photoperiods of same strain?
Yes because of the extreme weather the plants grow in can be much colder. In the wild, the plants stay small and are short-lived because of temperatures. I think colder temps speed up flowering in some plants. Ruderalis is one of them.

The name 'ruderalis' comes from 'ruderal', a term given to wild plant species which are the first to colonize land disturbed by natural forces or human activity. Google

Thanks. I'll find out in a few months if it sets them back. Can also set a thick dark trash cans over them in late afternoon. Also red bricks that fit under the cans to act as solar daytime heat sink that warms soil up to 10 degrees F and then releases heat into air at night. Soil is already warmed earlier with thick black poly,.

Yes because of the extreme weather the plants grow in can be much colder. In the wild, the plants stay small and are short-lived because of temperatures. I think colder temps speed up flowering in some plants. Ruderalis is one of them.

The name 'ruderalis' comes from 'ruderal', a term given to wild plant species which are the first to colonize land disturbed by natural forces or human activity. Google
What are the actual lowest temperatures that 100% ruderalis grow and reproduce under in their highest latitudes?