What's new

Does legal weed even count as weed anymore?

Blue Rhino

I wonder why kiddie weed is the most popular cannabis in Ontario? It's just 5 bucks a gram when bought by the ounce. I guess you're just better than everyone else eh damn working class eh LOL

In the OCS’ 2020-2021 annual report, Sunfarms’ Pink Kush was the leading 3.5 gram package of dried flower, selling 254,000 units. It was followed by Good Supply’s 3.5 gram offering of Royal Highness, which sold 203,000 units. Redecan’s Wappa rounded out the top-three, moving 193,000 units.
Both cultivars are available through the OCS for $22.95 for 3.5 grams. An ounce (28 grams) will run consumers $139.95, or $5 a gram.
I've smoked Pure Sunfarm's Pink Kush. Bought an ounce of it on sale for $109. It was still overpriced. Good Supply's supplies aren't any better. They're both low-test bunk as far as I'm concerned. Redecan is "meh" at best. If you want POTENT smoke, well take a look at OCS prices for that. Well north of $300/oz because they won't sell the good stuff in formats larger than 3.5g.
OUEST Platinum Cake is $14.27/g. Since it's sold only in a 3.5g format you'll be busting out $398.72 for an ounce. I'll pass on those prices, thanks.

By the way, sales/popularity doesn't automatically indicate quality. Dominos and Little Caesers do BIG TIME sales and seem pretty popular and yet their pizzas are cheap crap.
Nor does my opinion make me elitist, as you are trying to imply. Take a look at OCS's menu. Wanna know why those three brands are the best sellers in Ontario? Because so many other strains with the same range of THC levels as Wappa, Royal Highness and Pink Kush are more expensive. Are you going to pay more for something that has the same "potency" as something else that's only $5/g? Not likely.

I've smoked Pure Sunfarm's Pink Kush. Bought an ounce of it on sale for $109. It was still overpriced. Good Supply's supplies aren't any better. They're both low-test bunk as far as I'm concerned. Redecan is "meh" at best. If you want POTENT smoke, well take a look at OCS prices for that. Well north of $300/oz because they won't sell the good stuff in formats larger than 3.5g.
OUEST Platinum Cake is $14.27/g. Since it's sold only in a 3.5g format you'll be busting out $398.72 for an ounce. I'll pass on those prices, thanks.

By the way, sales/popularity doesn't automatically indicate quality. Dominos and Little Caesers do BIG TIME sales and seem pretty popular and yet their pizzas are cheap crap.
Nor does my opinion make me elitist, as you are trying to imply. Take a look at OCS's menu. Wanna know why those three brands are the best sellers in Ontario? Because so many other strains with the same range of THC levels as Wappa, Royal Highness and Pink Kush are more expensive. Are you going to pay more for something that has the same "potency" as something else that's only $5/g? Not likely.
I agree. Though everyone's opinion of potency probably differs too. I believe there is more to the high than just thc. This is why I like to grow my own. I cannot say anything about dispensary cannabis as I have never knowingly bought any. My dad (also, never had any dispensary stuff either) says, "Your green is so much better than anyone else's." I'm not sure where he is getting his comparison from, but I'll take it. It's probably because he doesn't have to pay for it.

Blue Rhino

I agree. Though everyone's opinion of potency probably differs too. I believe there is more to the high than just thc. This is why I like to grow my own. I cannot say anything about dispensary cannabis as I have never knowingly bought any. My dad (also, never had any dispensary stuff either) says, "Your green is so much better than anyone else's." I'm not sure where he is getting his comparison from, but I'll take it. It's probably because he doesn't have to pay for it.
Oh for sure, There is definitely more to the high than just THC. And it's not so much the strain as the grower. I've smoked small batch craft Pink Kush and got off like Jack the bear. And it cost less than Pure Sunfarms low-test tumble weed bunk.

I'd like to grow my own again but the building manager where I live put the kibosh on that from day 1. It's not that he's anti-cannabis but this is an old building with wiring that's not the greatest by today's standards. Plus the increased use of hydro would cause rents to increase more than they already do. There likely wouldn't be a problem if it was just one or two tenants growing but it looks like about half the tenants here smoke weed. Obviously not everyone who smokes would grow their own, but I certainly understand the manager's concern.

Rider420

"Research has found that the cannabis plant produces between 80 and 100 cannabinoids and about 300 non-cannabinoid chemicals."

"The chances that anyone has ever shuffled a pack of cards (fairly) in the same way twice in the history of the world, or ever will again, are infinitesimally small. The number of possible ways to order a pack of 52 cards is '52! ' (“52 factorial”) which means multiplying 52 by 51 by 50… all the way down to 1

So cannabis has at least a 80 factorial meaning the chance of growing the same plant twice from seeds even from the same parents is infinitesimally small. Each plant is unique onto its own hence why clones are better than seeds for getting close to the same results.

FYI here in BC most of the cannabis craft growers were doing it long before it became legal, same clones same greenhouses same BC bud.

Last edited:

Rider420

Oh for sure, There is definitely more to the high than just THC. And it's not so much the strain as the grower. I've smoked small batch craft Pink Kush and got off like Jack the bear. And it cost less than Pure Sunfarms low-test tumble weed bunk.

I'd like to grow my own again but the building manager where I live put the kibosh on that from day 1. It's not that he's anti-cannabis but this is an old building with wiring that's not the greatest by today's standards. Plus the increased use of hydro would cause rents to increase more than they already do. There likely wouldn't be a problem if it was just one or two tenants growing but it looks like about half the tenants here smoke weed. Obviously not everyone who smokes would grow their own, but I certainly understand the manager's concern.
LOL. Sorry but your toaster or kettle pulls 1500 watts where as you only need 400 watts to grow cannabis. Your manager is full of it! FYI running 400 watts 12 hours a day costs $16.00 per month you could offer to pay this extra charge with your manager. FYI remember you can change your contract to include extra charges for permission to grow cannabis legally in Canada but only before you sign it.