What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

does it suck to be going to amsterdamn a month before 420?

keeko

A friend and I have just bought airline tickets to Paris. we will sight see for one day then get on a train to the dam. we are leaving March 12-22. I know a better time would be around the 420 time but is there any reason that there might be less pot(saving for 420) or seeds, or anything like that......or should i just change the airline tickets to go april 12-22?

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
It never sucks to go to A'dam on any date :wink: You'll always find what you want.

BUT... if you also want to have a couple of great smoke-outs in a company of dedicated and friendly growers and smokers, taste some amazing weed and hash of a quality that you'll never run across in a coffeeshop...

...then the 4 20 date is a date for you!

rgds, kov

R

Ronley

I would change the date and go around the 420. You wont be sorry. also the weather will be warmer in April. - Its Spring.

That said I agree with Alex that all year round Amsterdam is great.

Queso

i would keep your dates the way u have them.....yeah the 420 would the an awesome event to attend, but you will have a great time either way, the weed as im told, is pretty much available all year round, sometimes its juts a bit harder to find the chronic.

but overall it depends what sorta trip you wanna have. im assuming the 420 would be much mroe eventful, but also much more crowded and less down time.

im sure either choice will be the right one

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
lol 420 is a relatively small event, most of Amsterdam does not even notice it.

it has no bearing on the quality of the weed in coffeeshops, and vitually no impact on coffeeshop busyness.
however the quality of cannabis ic'ers bring to 420 is just on another level. ;)

keeko

well thanks for all the responses, i think ill probably just keep the dates i have. will any of you be there around march 12-22?

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
even the htcc cup, 98% of the people in amsterdam dont know about that neither. And about the 420 cup probaly 99,80% wont know that its happening.

keeko said:
well thanks for all the responses, i think ill probably just keep the dates i have. will any of you be there around march 12-22?
:wave: yup....

Last edited:

keeko

Moppel or anybody if you have a lot of experience at the seedboutique store maybe you can help me...i always like to research different strains before i buy them, but when im in amsterdamn i dont think i will have access to a computer, nor do i really want access, but it makes searching for strains a little harder. which seed breeders will i most likely find at the store and what would make some good choices for the connasuer smoker. ive had my eye on kali mist for a while but im looking to get a couple different packs. any help would be awsome

vodoochild

Moppel said:
even the htcc cup, 98% of the people in amsterdam dont know about that neither. And about the 420 cup probaly 99,80% wont know that its happening.

Im going and i probably wont know whats going on either, lmao. Thanks for gaius and his natural born since of direction. Hey kov! hope to see you at the 420, pleasure meeting you at the cup.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
keeko said:
Moppel or anybody if you have a lot of experience at the seedboutique store maybe you can help me...i always like to research different strains before i buy them, but when im in amsterdamn i dont think i will have access to a computer, nor do i really want access, but it makes searching for strains a little harder. which seed breeders will i most likely find at the store and what would make some good choices for the connasuer smoker. ive had my eye on kali mist for a while but im looking to get a couple different packs. any help would be awsome

Oldpink (who works in the seedboutique) can help you with that. And there are inet cafes everywhere. Even some coffeeshops have got a few pc´s with internet.

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
kov said:
It never sucks to go to A'dam on any date :wink: You'll always find what you want.

BUT... if you also want to have a couple of great smoke-outs in a company of dedicated and friendly growers and smokers, taste some amazing weed and hash of a quality that you'll never run across in a coffeeshop...

...then the 4 20 date is a date for you!

rgds, kov

Double Ditto..

And BTW how are you kov long time sno see, I hope you and the wife/girlfriend are having a great new year.

If talk to GA please tell him I said hello.

Flasht2

trichomefarmer said:
...it has no bearing on the quality of the weed in coffeeshops, and vitually no impact on coffeeshop busyness.
however the quality of cannabis ic'ers bring to 420 is just on another level. ;)

Now that is exactly why I'm excited about this! :woohoo:

vodoochild said:
Im going and i probably wont know whats going on either, lmao...

:yeahthats

I want to find the stuff that makes you go :crazy: :gaga: :bigeye: :jawdrop: :bow:

bud dwyer

Hey! Im on old OGer and and lurker of this site for about a year. I joined ask a bit about the Dam before I go. Im going to Amsterdam for the first time on March 17-21. I might run into you while Im there.

Last edited:

keeko

you just might, ill be the one smoking a lot........seriously i deff need to make a schedual of where im going to be and when.....i got a lot of planning to do

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
keeko said:
you just might, ill be the one smoking a lot

funny!

keeko said:
.......seriously i deff need to make a schedual of where im going to be and when.....i got a lot of planning to do

I wouldnt worry too much about that man. As long you have your hotel and flight booked, you dont have to have a day to day schedule planned. You will be ok, Amsterdam aint such a big city.

keeko

hahahah well i still do need a place to stay for me and a buddy. im assuming amsterdam has tons of hostiles, as i will be spending the majority of my money on food and seeds and weed.

Flasht2

Moppel said:
I wouldnt worry too much about that man. As long you have your hotel and flight booked, you dont have to have a day to day schedule planned. You will be ok, Amsterdam aint such a big city.

That's reassuring actually. I was actually only planning to do that on my upcomming 1st visit. Just get a good rate on airline tickets and the least expensive place w/a private bathroom and kitchenett etc.

I have no other plans so that was good to read. Thanks :joint:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
keeko said:
hahahah well i still do need a place to stay for me and a buddy. im assuming amsterdam has tons of hostiles, as i will be spending the majority of my money on food and seeds and weed.

Well if you're on a budget I'd recommend the Utopia. :wink:

Check www.hotelutopia.nl :yes:

Utopia Website said:
Hotel Utopia offers 4 single , 4 double and two 4 persons rooms.
Each room has TV with cable and satelite connection.
Toilet and shower facilities are shared , but nice and clean.
Click here to view the rooms
The prices are as follows.
Low season 1-10 to 30-4 25 euro per person
High season 1-5 to 30-9 35 euro per person
Breakfast is included
Check in time is 1200 , check out time is 1100.
Upon arrival you will be asked to pay the full amount for the
whole duration of your stay.
We accept most of the well known creditcards.