What's new

Does It Mean You Are Old ???

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Does it mean you are old if you remember driving around listening to 8-Tracks of Robin Trower, Bridge of Sighs ??

:biglaugh:

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
you are old when you still have flash-backs about Vietnam

(no, i am not that old, just giving an example)

ancient1

Ahh..Robin Trower. I saw him when he was with Procol Harum as the opening act to the Allman Brothers at the warehouse in New Orleans. What a concert that was. Duane Allman, Dickey Betts and Robin Trower all jamming during the last part of the Bro's show. You know looking back on those times makes me very sad. Young folks today have no idea how good we had it and just how free everything felt. Anyone else get misty eyed when thinking about the old times?

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Gantz said:
you are old when you still have flash-backs about Vietnam
That stuff never goes away man...............

Ancient, that is cool. I think Bridge of Sighs is one of the best albums ever made.

Gantz I can relate to that one. Been over 30 yrs and the nightmares still put in an appearance on a regular basis. Thank God for kind, or I'd never want to sleep.

ledhed

Does it mean you are old if you remember driving around listening to 8-Tracks of Robin Trower, Bridge of Sighs ??

Yes.

Fortunately, it also means you've been treating your head very well. It's probably in better shape than most heads half its age.

Shit, I haven't heard Bridge of Sighs in forever. I think I might have to dig it out tonite. I am talking vinyl, my friend, clicks, pops and all.

Righteous.

Shit man, the scene is so full of young-uns that they think I'm old because I've actually seen Jerry Garcia live!!!

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
ledhed, I have Bridge of Sighs on vinyl too. I may give it a spin on the old turntable. Sometimes it takes a while to get revolving at the correct RPM.

This is from the Robin Trower home page and I cannot agree more:

It is impossible to overstate the impact and power of 1974's 'Bridge of Sighs'. It is literally one of the top 4 or 5 pure guitar albums of all time. 'Bridge of Sighs' was a major seller, placing high in the album charts in both North America and Europe. Too Rolling Stoned (the quintessential Robin Trower song), Day of the Eagle, Little Bit of Sympathy and Lady Love represent his most loved work. If you don't own this album, go out and buy it. Now!

Latest posts

Latest posts