What's new

does health of seed crops affect offspring

milkyjoe

Veteran
For sure. Any grower that has kept seeds for a few yrs in veggies while properly feeding them and letting them fully mature can tell you. Sad to see breeders who do not know this

Betterhaff

Veteran
I think there are a few topics that are being rolled together in this discussion. Genetics and reproduction, genetics and environment (expression, selection, and evolution), and general seed health (quality).

JointOperation

i was only wondering because.. i was going to start making seeds out in a greenhouse my buddy has.. and im wondering if those seeds would do better outdoors or in a greenhouse over being grown indoors..

basically . say i have a strain that does amazing outdoors.. would it be better to breed it outdoors if i was going to use the seeds for outdoor grows.. or ..?

and is there a reason why some strains on sites say.. for indoors.. for outdoors.. for greenhouse.. or both and all.? lol. or is it just a advertising scam.?

i was only wondering because.. i was going to start making seeds out in a greenhouse my buddy has.. and im wondering if those seeds would do better outdoors or in a greenhouse over being grown indoors..

basically . say i have a strain that does amazing outdoors.. would it be better to breed it outdoors if i was going to use the seeds for outdoor grows.. or ..?

and is there a reason why some strains on sites say.. for indoors.. for outdoors.. for greenhouse.. or both and all.? lol. or is it just a advertising scam.?

Seeds will always grow better in the environment that the parents have acclimated themselves to. So seeds made in your buddies greenhouse will probably do pretty good the next year in the same conditions/greenhouse. Seeds I have made myself always do better than purchased seeds in my grow. And seeds > clones always.

homebrew420

They should grow into plants...I know a stupid answer. But what your asking is for futurevision. haha what my friends and I have dubbed it. Making speculations of future generations is sorta pointless.I mean the only way to KNOW is to grow. They will do better indoor, always. Indoor we can of course control the environment, Making for generally better flowers, all genes being equal. growing ourdoor you will know for sure when aprox when they will finish outside in future gens Breed. get addicted. good luck

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts