What's new

Does having guns in the prescense of drugs increase penalty?

10-20-life in Florida. 10 for the gun, 20 for firing it and 25 to life for being a good shoot. If you need a gun for protection you're doing something wrong. I don't have a problem with the 2nd amendment but one can't have their cake and eat it too. The cannabis laws need to change and we'll all get along better.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Yea as far as I know.

I think it's typically whatever part of the gun that houses the trigger assembly is considered a firearm.

For instance on AR style guns only the lower receiver is considered a firearm.

just so we're clear i mean disassembled as in broken down to the parts that make up a gun, trigger, slide, springs, firing pin, etc all in pieces and inside of a box somewhere. they will charge me with possession of a firearm?

do they think im going to put the gun together in the few seconds i have while im being attacked?

schwilly

I'm no expert on this stuff. But I imagine it would come down to the judge and prosecutor.

The cops can charge you with anything and everything on a whim.

Rjstoner

just so we're clear i mean disassembled as in broken down to the parts that make up a gun, trigger, slide, springs, firing pin, etc all in pieces and inside of a box somewhere. they will charge me with possession of a firearm?

do they think im going to put the gun together in the few seconds i have while im being attacked?

if there is a possiblity of being charged for an assembled firearm then a full disasembled firearm falls under the same catagory

however if you do not have the fire mech it could be thrown out of court also it is correct that some assult rifles such as the AR line cant be considered a firearm till you have a lower reciever on it so it all depends on what parts you do or do not have at least in california

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
no gun ppurchased yet?
i agree with .22 for a first gun. get used to using it, become proficient in several positions. offhand, prone, kneeling. practice till your aimpoint becomes second nature. after you become comfortable shooting that you may want to try a more substantial caliber, although a .22 will certainly scare or disable or even extinguish a threat, it should not be your main defensive weapon for home defense.
for that you may want the shotgun in 12 guage 3" magnum, a variety of which in can be found in different loadng configurations...pump, semiauto, even bolt action or double barrels. a home defense shotgun should double as a game getter, not some street sweeper rambo type rig. it will be of more benefit if you can hit game to 30 or 40 yards accurately. have a variety of loads available for small game, ducks, geese, pheasants, and of course home defense with a shotgun will be effective with any of those loads.
learn safety procedures and follow them.
stay alive to grow and toke.
ps. use hearing protection.

no gun ppurchased yet?
i agree with .22 for a first gun. get used to using it, become proficient in several positions. offhand, prone, kneeling. practice till your aimpoint becomes second nature. after you become comfortable shooting that you may want to try a more substantial caliber, although a .22 will certainly scare or disable or even extinguish a threat, it should not be your main defensive weapon for home defense.
for that you may want the shotgun in 12 guage 3" magnum, a variety of which in can be found in different loadng configurations...pump, semiauto, even bolt action or double barrels. a home defense shotgun should double as a game getter, not some street sweeper rambo type rig. it will be of more benefit if you can hit game to 30 or 40 yards accurately. have a variety of loads available for small game, ducks, geese, pheasants, and of course home defense with a shotgun will be effective with any of those loads.
learn safety procedures and follow them.
stay alive to grow and toke.
ps. use hearing protection.
I've been told that the sound of a pump action shotgun in a dark house has a certain psychological effect on many intruders. I know I'd be runnin.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
prior to our state gettin legal...and the fuckers just liked my stuff an stole it ...judge could not even explain why..but let em do it...and it is still a felony to hav both..so as a legal caregiver I am a felon also..fuck em all..nothin but thieves

Yea as far as I know.

I think it's typically whatever part of the gun that houses the trigger assembly is considered a firearm.

For instance on AR style guns only the lower receiver is considered a firearm.
Yep. I was a licensed firearms dealer. Any frame or lower receiver that holds the trigger, firing assembly, and is serial numbered by the BATF is considered a firearm.
Possession of a serial numbered frame or lower receiver, even if stripped of all parts is considered a firearm and those possessing just that part is possessing a firearm as that part is controlled by the BATF and the NFA.
Antique weapons, black powder, flint lock, wick lock, that bear no serial numbers are considered collectable antiques and do not fall under regulation of the National Firearms Act...But are still firearms and if you are not allowed to possess a firearm, you can't have those either.
I will not discuss the possession of silencers as that is a totally different NFA BATF puddle of mud.

Last edited:
I wonder what the legality on crossbows is? I don't believe they are technically a gun or fire arm.
Too be considered a firearm, the projectile must be propelled by the explosion of gunpowder or other type of explosive material. That being said, in the USA a potato gun that uses an explosive propellent is NOT considered a firearm as long as it is used in recreation.
Spring, air, and CO2 powered guns are not firearms...
But all the above is subject to local restrictions, but are NOT firearms.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Here's the deal in California.

"Crossbows legal for all hunters during gun seasons. Also, the California Game Commission voted on April 22, 2004 to adopt the following language to their regulations: "Any person with a physical disability which prevents him/her from being able to draw and hold a bow in a firing position, may use a crossbow or device which holds a string and arrow in the firing position to assist in the taking of birds and mammals under the conditions of an archery tag, archery season, or general session. Under these conditions, archers must provide to the Department and retain in his/her immediate possession while taking or attempting to take big game written verification of the disability, including: the person's name and signature, address, date of birth, driver's license or DMV number, physician's name and signature, physician's license number and address and a description of the disability." "

itisme

Veteran
Immensely increases every aspect of having a drug policy like the US currently has. They throw you under the bus so be extra careful with weapons and weed together.