What's new

Does anyone know how to stress afs for female pollem!

Bob_J

colloidal? silver
sts
gibberelic acid
light stress

silver and sts are the most popular. do a search

G

Gilles&Cheryl

My masterlows will spit out a banana or two if I let them go long enough, as will almost all plants.

C

cyber echo

True Gilles but stressed hermies will produce seeds that also hermi.
From what i've read it seems colloidal silver is the 'safest' way to produce non-hermi female seeds.

G

Gilles&Cheryl

True Gilles but stressed hermies will produce seeds that also hermi.

That is not 100% true. I have grown probably 50 female plants that came from seeds produced that way without a hermi. I learned about this method in an article written by Soma several years ago. If I remember correctly he called this method 'rodelization'.

The bananas put out late in flower cant be used on the plant that they came from - they have to be used on another, younger plant in the garden.

Thats correct! You stress a plant into giving out female pollen bananas then you pollenate a diffrent female of the same strain with the female pollen to get fem beans! I was just unsure if it would work the way with autos. Thanks for the advise

C

cyber echo

btw gilles&cheryl, have u tried using the female pollen on another plant from another strain ?

yes thats also doable my friends due to an experience i had its literally the same as standard breeding but more time consuming but you are basically able to stabelize an all femenised strain by interbreeding with the females!