What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Doc thinks I may have a cannibis caused illness.

Seriously? You've helped him the most? Have you not read what the guy has been saying, or what? He said he's already stopped smoking. What now? Beat him with another stick?

This is not the kind of person who's in need of this, clearly. It's obvious to me that he's got both hemispheres of his brain attached and functioning, he can READ, he understands what he reads, and is willing to take the action that MAY be necessary to find relief.

For Chrissakes, man.

I'm not beating him with a stick, I'm helping him. And I have helped him.
You have been shown up and now your ego is bruised.

supermanlives

Veteran
welll untill you figure it out send me all your weed for safekeeping LOL good luck . keep us updated.superman has been tokin hard for 30 years.i dont keep track how much but piles.

S

SeaMaiden

Hehheh... I just took the year count, I'm going on 40 since I took my first toke.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I just want to say I'm sorry if my previous post appeared to be making light of your situation, I understand how distressing medical issues can be..
Ignore Nog/still a grass-hes a self confessed grass.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
the saline units are probably what made you feel better after dehydration...

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
Just wanted to thank OTO for keeping to update this thread. Besides helping his health, hopefully we can all learn from his experience.

I am still deciphering the blood and urine tests I have in my possession. While I don't know what all of them mean yet, the only test out of normal parameters was a higher than normal level of ketones in my urine, which I am told, is to be expected from the continuous vomiting.

I did receive several units of saline during each visit as I was severely dehydrated. In each case I also was given more than one anti-biotic, shortly after which (with in an hour) I felt fine. The anti-biotics were given because they didn't know what else to do.

Each episode has lasted between 10 & 12 hours, I think it was just co-incidence that I got better shortly after receiving the AB's. I think it just ran it's course.

It is interesting to note that I was not smoking when any of the attacks began. Usually happens hours after the last toke, except the first time where I was in the states and hadn't smoked for 2 days.

OTO, hope things are going smoothly so far without meds!

Elevated ketones can absolutely be related to heavy periods of vomiting. Were your serum creatinine and BUN levels normal?

The last section is VERY interesting. Certainly doesn't clarify things, but your symptoms occurring after periods of abstinence is something to note IMHO. Almost sounds like symptoms occurred when cannabinoid levels were in a trough, versus a peak where an "overdose" usually occurs.

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
Hey brotherindica,

Thanks for the concern. I am taking a few months off work to deal with this, so am able to just stop for the day when I get to the point that the pain hinders movement.

I had one creatinine test that I have a copy of, 78 umol/L. Ref Interval is 60 - 100.

BUN refers to urea level in blood? if so, 5.8 umol/L Ref. Interval is 3.0 - 7.5

Yup, BUN is Blood Urea Nitrogen. Both creatinine & BUN are normal, if they were abnormal w/the elevated ketones that would indicated kidney failure to some degree. An elevated ketone level by itself is normal w/vomiting like you previously mentioned.

Were you TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) and T3/T4 levels normal?

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I had mystery cyclic vomiting illness for like 4 years before I found out it could be caused by chronic cannabis use, then it all made sense. I doubt that many people really smoke/vape enough to get this problem, and then you prob have to be susceptible

OTO when if you get sick: take oral and suppository gravol, dont drink much, dont vomit - try sleep for 12 hrs. if that doesnt work, go to hospital, get iv gravol and saline, if that doesnt work get iv zofran. thats what I did

I recommend stopping all thc for 2 months or longer if you can, then when you go back try to not smoke in excess

its cannabis! and yes your body sometimes rejects the cannaboloids depending on the species. i cannot function well on pure indicas anymore, causing rashes, stomach upsets and migrains. its like some people cant eat peanut butter or fish, others are lactose intolerant to cows milk but fine with goats milk.

to each their own with their body chemistry. i smoke and eat sativas with no problems.

10-15 grams a day is alot, id guess your gonna have a heart attack eventually from pot, think of all the metals youve inhaled , all the mold spores, all the plant matter in burned form, we should be seeing in the coming years alot of problems from medical pot which will be quite funny, the shit isnt medical folks since it doesnt fix things, it just covers them up and even this it just barely does.

how does one smoke 15 grams a day? perhaps u should use your noodle n perhaps make a edible or two or just juice the buds raw for the real anti inflamatory effect of which smokeing destroys most of.

the word medical has made pot heads even stupider if u ask me, if your 8000 dollar a month habbit is free there still is no room to brag on self poisening, again i just have no respect for folks who blaze erb like its air and brag about it, u smoke a ounce every two days and your not healthy, lmao who would of thunk it.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
10-15 grams a day is alot, id guess your gonna have a heart attack eventually from pot, think of all the metals youve inhaled , all the mold spores, all the plant matter in burned form, we should be seeing in the coming years alot of problems from medical pot which will be quite funny, the shit isnt medical folks since it doesnt fix things, it just covers them up and even this it just barely does.

how does one smoke 15 grams a day? perhaps u should use your noodle n perhaps make a edible or two or just juice the buds raw for the real anti inflamatory effect of which smokeing destroys most of.

the word medical has made pot heads even stupider if u ask me, if your 8000 dollar a month habbit is free there still is no room to brag on self poisening, again i just have no respect for folks who blaze erb like its air and brag about it, u smoke a ounce every two days and your not healthy, lmao who would of thunk it.

...seems to have helped you immensely...jus' sayin'.

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran

while I may agree with some of the content of your post, I completely disagree with its spirit. No one was bragging, and I hate to tell you this but 90% of pain management is just what you said, the covering up of symptoms.
get off your high horse jackass

peace
jip

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
10-15 grams a day is alot, id guess your gonna have a heart attack eventually from pot
Sorry, but nobody has died from cannabis or heart attacks from cannabis.

10-15 grams a day IS a lot though... even a small amount of contamination can quickly build up in the body to unhealthy levels. Yep.
Last time I was smoking that much was when I quit smoking tobacco. Bought a pound of shitty weed.

think of all the metals youve inhaled , all the mold spores, all the plant matter in burned form, we should be seeing in the coming years alot of problems from medical pot which will be quite funny, the shit isnt medical folks since it doesnt fix things, it just covers them up and even this it just barely does.
The disgusting shit people are smoking isn't medicinal... you're correct. Any issues coming up in the next few decades aren't going to be from cannabis... it's going to be from what's IN/ON the cannabis they've been using.

Yes... cannabis IS medicinal and DOES get rid of a lot of things. For those it doesn't cure.. it does a damn sight better than the Rx in most cases.
You don't know this because it sounds like you've only been exposed to inferior cannabis or improperly processed cannabis. Been there.

When you have a real education about cannabis, with real cannabis prepared/processed properly... there can be no question whether it's medicinal or not. The question becomes laughable.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

BlindDate

Veteran
I said before that I have not consumed any cannabis except in raw form since my last attack, so I am almost a week sober today. I plan to abstain for 3 months initially.

You don't seem to get it do you? Stopping means STOPPING! No smoke, no edibles, NOTHING!