What's new

do you worry when going to the grow shop?

cfltime

Hey all. Thank you for the advice and information. I only went to the shop once.

I don't think I will be going back. I got my tent, DONE.

I am sure I can find everything else I need at home depot. Or I can get a few thing online. Like my nutes. Thank you again.

B

Bud Bug

Typically, after the plate number is jotted down, narcotics detectives go to property linked to the owner, and see if an inordinate amount of power is consumed there, or whether it smells of cannabis – two tell-tale signs there's a marijuana grow-house inside. Then a search warrant is requested.

So they trespass first to obtain evidence of a crime and then use this illegally obtained evidence to get warrants? Seems like a easy way to get off.

Snype

Veteran
At a shop I go to in MA I sometimes see a cop in the back room. I go there a lot and I've seen people get pulled over right outside the store after buying a lot of lights. Recently a new guy is working there and he doesn't know anything about the stuff that the store carries. I'm pretty sure he's an undercover. I really don't care though cause I never go to the shop in my car but we all know that cops break laws too.

G

good drown

So they trespass first to obtain evidence of a crime and then use this illegally obtained evidence to get warrants? Seems like a easy way to get off.

even if you get off, you don't get the money back that you spent on a lawyer. sometimes, cops add extra charges for the sole purpose of costing you more money. they don't give a fuck, why would they?

even if you get off, now you are on everyones radar. Realistically, you would have to move maybe not out of state, but a decent distance away if you want to grow again. Just because the case is dropped, and all evidence deemed illegal, there is no permanent removal of the information inside the cops heads. They can make your life hell.

i guess you are suggesting all cops always do everything by the books? The only person on this site i would expect to make an ignorant comment like that, would be a cop

Uhh, not every state is easy to get a "script" as in california... some places you have to have a legimate, debilitating condition to be able to legally grow/use.
If one isn't clever enough to obtain an MMJ license, it's doubtful they could get away with an underground grow for very long either.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
If one isn't clever enough to obtain an MMJ license, it's doubtful they could get away with an underground grow for very long either.

You do realize there are MMJ states that require you to have cancer, AIDS, or MS in order to get a license, right? There is no correlation between getting a license and being able to grow undetected.

weedhead

If I was worried about going to a grow shop I would do three things.
1. Pay cash only.
2. Drive a car of which the registered address is not where you grow.
3. Go other places before dropping off supplies.

go to any grow store, its all pot head and there partner weed buddy with them picking up dope supplies for all the public to see, grow long enough and youll get caught, going to stores just means u like giving up advantages and making it easier for the law, dont matter if after u go to another store or whatever or drive someone elses car, STAY AWAY, commando, your easy to tail. better u order online out of state then pay in cash in person and drive the shit home, it really is.

I have no hesitation going to either grow shop in my area. In fact, I enjoy it. Cool folks and loads of fun stuff to check out. I get tons of great info from my local shops.

My thoughts exactly!

If Im doing something illegal I would have a totally diferent attitude, I would only purchase online.

That being said, Im lucky enough to live in CA and I never flower more than 6 girls at once. PERIOD.

Im going to purchase a complete new set up. A Tent, Scruber, In-Line, 600 digi, trays and other stuff at the end of this cycle from my shop without hesitation. Ill walk out the front door with it all.

I feel for all you non MMJ states! I wouldnt come close to a hydro shop NO MATTER WHAT! Its just to easy to get things online to take any chances.

mdcanna

Hey all. Thank you for the advice and information. I only went to the shop once.

I am sure I can find everything else I need at home depot. Or I can get a few thing online. Like my nutes. Thank you again.

I totally agree, Home depot is the place man!! otherwise you're right getting nutes and the like online makes sense.

Who wants to drag heavy bottles when you can have it delivered directly to you?

B

Bud Bug

even if you get off, you don't get the money back that you spent on a lawyer. sometimes, cops add extra charges for the sole purpose of costing you more money. they don't give a fuck, why would they?

even if you get off, now you are on everyones radar. Realistically, you would have to move maybe not out of state, but a decent distance away if you want to grow again. Just because the case is dropped, and all evidence deemed illegal, there is no permanent removal of the information inside the cops heads. They can make your life hell.

i guess you are suggesting all cops always do everything by the books? The only person on this site i would expect to make an ignorant comment like that, would be a cop

Fuck if you're so worried about it then don't grow. As for owing money well thats part of the game. Can't do the time don't do the crime.

darksith

Thats your choice, but you are being super paranoid. Are you high right now, cause that will do it. I liked on persons response, support local business and build a relationship with the shop owner. Find a grow store that lets you park in the back if your worried about that kinda stuff, and just watch your mirrors if you are that paranoid. I always goto the hydro store, even if Im just bored and wanna chat up the owners since they know and recognize me. They usually can help you out with a lot of questions, ideas, concerns that might come your way down the road. Cops don't have time to worry about following someone that might be running a legal veg grow, or some small timer who is just growing personal. They want the big boys that have 30 lights, and are a major supplier. I would chill a bit, the hydro store is your friend and not some entrapment scheme. If they were there wouldn't be any hydro stores. Could you think of the bad rep they would get if that happened? They'd have to close up shop.

Hell if your that paraniod, maybe you shouldn't be on the internet talking about growing, since they can just track your ip and come get ya.

G

good drown

Fuck if you're so worried about it then don't grow. As for owing money well thats part of the game. Can't do the time don't do the crime.
you give horrible advice. i am letting people know IT CAN HAPPEN dude. you sound like a cop, like i said

darksith

you give horrible advice. i am letting people know IT CAN HAPPEN dude. you sound like a cop, like i said
you are super paraniod. Of course it can happen, that doesn't mean it does to everyone, or even many. They can't just go get a search warrant b/c they see your hydro meter spinning. Do you have any idea what your house consumes in electricity a day? You better have a big show for them to tell anything by looking at your power consumption. They can't get a warrant b/c of power usage alone I garantee it.

Deadly Fear

For grow/hydro shops it's kind of a don't ask don't tell kind of thing. They know that some people come in for weed growing supplies, some don't. Don't put them in a position that they don't need to be in. Ask questions as much as you want, refer to tomato plants if you want to be specific as they grow similarly. Unless the police are watching you already there's nothing to worry about. Try and pay in cash if you want to be extra cautious. These people are not out to get you, they are selling you what you need to continue this wonderful hobby!

Keep your wits about you and use common sense, those are your best tools.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I go to hydro stores as little as possible, always pay in cash, always park in the back, always take a friend's car. I feel like it's the only time I expose myself and it makes me very uncomfortable. This said, I generally enjoy the experience. It's fun to see the new hardware in person and to check out the other costumers. I bet a few think I'm a cop, because I look so conservative. Good. When it comes to buying growroom equipment, it's either Home Depot or an out of state shop shipping to a safe address.

Simon

SaltyBalls

LARGO - On four different days earlier this year, an undercover narcotics detective with the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office saw a white Volvo parked at XXXXXXX Hydroponics, a specialty gardening store in Largo.
The car was registered to a 37-year-old woman living in a Redington Beach waterfront home. The month after her Volvo was last seen at XXXXXXX Hydroponics, narcotics detectives raided her home.

They found 141 marijuana plants.

That same undercover detective also saw a silver and gray Honda Element at XXXXXXX Hydroponics, that led to a raid at a Clearwater home; a Ford pickup parked outside the store, that led to a raid on a Largo home; a green Dodge van at the store, that led to a raid on a St. Petersburg home; and two BMWs that were spotted at the store, that led to a raid at a different St. Petersburg address.

This is the picture that emerges from affidavits that were written this year by investigators to convince a judge to authorize the raids. Typically, after the plate number is jotted down, narcotics detectives go to property linked to the owner, and see if an inordinate amount of power is consumed there, or whether it smells of cannabis – two tell-tale signs there's a marijuana grow-house inside. Then a search warrant is requested.

All told, according to the affidavits, the undercover detective launched more than a half dozen grow-house investigations simply by running license plate numbers outside the store – a tactic that raises concerns that gardening aficionados might be unfairly targeted by narcotics investigators.

Can i see a link ? theres more to this story

Latest posts

Latest posts