Do you want marijuana to be legalized?

• YES!!!

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • HELL NO!

Votes: 16 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I wake up from nightmares where pot has been legalized. Personally I prefer things stay how they are right now. From a business perspective we would all be out luck as corporations would push us all aside as they could sell much cheaper.

I think everyone and their brother would start growing it and prices would drop 75% as the supply would far exceed the demand. I have no problems with seriously sick people growing it for med purposes or buying from dispensaries. Whatever works. I just don't want the everyday joe to be able to grab a pack of Marlboro Kush for $8 at 7-11.

I understand alot of people are doing crazy sentences and such but any commercial or for profit grower is taking that risk. If the profit wasn't there not as many people would do it.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i know my SN says yes for prop 215 but im not in support of legalization. too many people i know make their livlihoods and feeed their kids because pot is still criminalized.

i like the way it is now. its illegal but its such a low offense than even if you get caught you arent looking at serious time.

plus making it legal would just allow the richer to get richer. and who knows what big business and the tabacoo companies have up their sleeve.

THC123

Veteran
yes i want it to be legal ,

I want to have an MJ related job without living in constant stress of having legal troubles

i never buy or sell weed so i wouldn' t be affected

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i like it the way it is. its how i feed my family and put my daughter through school.....

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Of course I want it legalized! Completely and tax-free, no bs compromise.

Free Cannabis Forever!

i like it the way it is. its how i feed my family and put my daughter through school.....

KrunchBubble,
Yeah I figured as much. If I had some of your rooms I'd be even more against legalization than I am now. My friends get a kick out of me giving money to the DARE people standing outside of stores and such. I tell them I wish I could afford a few lobbyists and maybe a senator or two.
I guess people who only smoke want it legal. Those who grow for themselves want it legal. And those of us who pay our bills with it want it to stay the same. Its kind of ironic because we usually face the stiffest penalties:angrymod:.
Honestly I need 8-10 more good years. Obama won't legalize it. He will also be the democratic candidate next time around. So if he ends up winning again or a Republican comes to power we are good for close to that long.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes. Even if corporations take over I believe the legal pot business will be similar to the wine business model. Big companies will pump out shitty weed (box wine), smaller growers will have the market on high quality gear (Opus One).

That being said. I'm thinking when the legal weed market stabilizes, small growers will be people with acres of land and 20-50k wattage for inside grows. The big commercial ops of today will be the smallest ops of tomorrow. You will still be able to make a good living, but you are going to have to really know wtf you are doing and be good at running a business.

Most growers will be wiped out because of economics. People who gear there operations for highest quality at lowest cost/maintenance will be able to survive. Of these, the people with the best business sense will do the greatest. 95% of growers today won't be able to match the economies of scale though. Start planning now because it is going to happen.

S

Surfr

I do and I don't... It's a tough one for me. Maybe in like 10-15 years it would be cool if it were legalized.. it will probably take that long before it actually becomes legal anyways.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
if anything i think the democrats would be the ones advocating legalization.

but i seriously dont see full blown legalization any time soon. the whole MMJ is gonna be here for a while, along with 65 dollars 8ths which means there is a big underground market for cheaper meds...

A

Amstel Light

greedy bastards lol....sounds like the argument against any kind of renewable energy made by big oil.....you know who else wants it to stay ilegal the prison industry....gotta be some california mofo's in here...it's happening, and your state will become second rate, due to your sikk ass tax structure, heavy competition etc.....

A

Amstel Light

Of these, the people with the best business sense will do the greatest. 95% of growers today won't be able to match the economies of scale though. Start planning now because it is going to happen.

thats what they fear.....^they must not have any REAL business sense....if they did they would see the more lucrative "big picture"....

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
The financial impact isn't the only thing you need to look at. Marijuana should be legalized because it shouldn't be illegal. It's wrong to make it illegal. It's wrong on so many levels.

It's sickening for somebody to be scared of smoking a joint in their own home. It's even worse that people are actually convicted of drug crimes. It's ass backwards and as sickening as racism and slavery.

and yes big corps will take over production and the average Joe will be able to pick up an ounce for $20 commercially. Sure you can grow your own but it's probably not interesting to most people. Most people will think that home grown weed is garbage compared to the "lab-grade" weed that comes from a big company, much the same way people don't brew their own beer or alcohol and perceive these to be far less superior to the cheap bottle they can pick up at the super market.

Yes you will lose ALL your profit if it's legalized, but if you're the type of business man who can't adapt to change, then you're really a pretty lousy business man and you're at risk of losing your main revenue sources at any time, legal or not.

The smart business man will be able to use legalization to his advantage. I'm in the Internet Marketing business and there are 15-20 year olds making 4 figures a day legally. It's not uncommon but the industry changes so fast that people who can't adapt go broke pretty damn quick. This applies to everything, legal or not.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
4 figures a day legally, please enlighten me. i do internet advertising but what the heck is internet marketing?

A

Amstel Light

Yes you will lose ALL your profit if it's legalized, but if you're the type of business man who can't adapt to change, then you're really a pretty lousy business man and you're at risk of losing your main revenue sources at any time, legal or not.

The smart business man will be able to use legalization to his advantage. I'm in the Internet Marketing business and there are 15-20 year olds making 4 figures a day legally. It's not uncommon but the industry changes so fast that people who can't adapt go broke pretty damn quick. This applies to everything, legal or not.

:yeahthats:spank:

Yes. Even if corporations take over I believe the legal pot business will be similar to the wine business model. Big companies will pump out shitty weed (box wine), smaller growers will have the market on high quality gear (Opus One).

That being said. I'm thinking when the legal weed market stabilizes, small growers will be people with acres of land and 20-50k wattage for inside grows. The big commercial ops of today will be the smallest ops of tomorrow. You will still be able to make a good living, but you are going to have to really know wtf you are doing and be good at running a business.

Most growers will be wiped out because of economics. People who gear there operations for highest quality at lowest cost/maintenance will be able to survive. Of these, the people with the best business sense will do the greatest. 95% of growers today won't be able to match the economies of scale though. Start planning now because it is going to happen.

I agree somewhat with your statement but I think your target market is not made up of primarily wine drinkers. If it is you are one of the lucky ones. What I mean is most end users of my product are blue collar or college students, people that like to get high but can't pay a fortune. The beer drinkers if you will.

Marketing will become very important for "small" scale growers and by small I agree we are talking the wattages you describe. No more commercial grows with 4k.

I am planning now and my plan is to make as much $ as I can before the collapse. Then when the times comes I will have enough to transition to another field. I would not even want to compete with walmart, phillip morris and the like. It will be a sad day for me I can tell you that.

I'll go back to building houses. With the increased availability I won't even grow personal. To easy to pick it up with my morning coffee.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know a lot of very very wealthy people who smoke. Professionals too. There will be a market for every socioeconomic class.

I

inthelight

do I want it legalized?... shouldn't have been illegal in the first place. Its just a plant should have always just been a plant, now its "marijuana". If businesses can make a profit from products of this plant then more power to them doesn't bother me. That also doesn't mean big businesses should be allowed to muscle out the little guy, or the individuals right to grow a freaking plant either. If you grow good weed people will buy it legal or illegal :2cents:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
4 figures a day legally, please enlighten me. i do internet advertising but what the heck is internet marketing?

google i-marketing

Internet marketing ties together creative and technical aspects of the Internet, including design, development, advertising, and sales.

I know a lot of very very wealthy people who smoke. Professionals too. There will be a market for every socioeconomic class.

Like I said you are lucky to have such a rolodex. No sarcasm in that comment. However most of us don't know a lot of very very wealthy people. My friends drive chevys and fords. The people who pull up to my guys place to buy my stuff don't drive Benzes either. I am one of the richest people I know and that means I go on vacation now and can pay for my kids braces. I drive a Ford F150 with a dent in the side.

Sure I could try to meet rich people but I sell to one person only and he takes whatever I can produce. When the time comes I will step out of the business all together and be thankful for the time I did have.

Status
Not open for further replies.