What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you use drip clean or h2o2 in your reservoir?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I looked a little deeper. A pH of 2 dissolves your salts. So supply lines can just pump through some water containing Phosphoric or Hydrochloric. Hydrochloric being brick acid, which comes many times stronger then that, in 5L bottles, for Dollars.

If you use an aqua-vac to pull through, be sure it's plastic, not one with metal tubes.

I remember an aqua-vac doing a fountain impression once. It might of been a wetting agent and Oxy used together, that set it off like a toxic foam machine. As always, handle your chemicals with care, and don't mix things.

Edit: Looking at the autopot system, I don't see how salt could ever build in the lines. Salt is left behind when water evaporates away. The pipes are always wet though. If your tank circulation pump has a catch filter of some sort, and the outlet pipe is also filtered, you shouldn't ever get a problem from clothing lint falling in

The123321

Thanks. There is no pump in the autopots and I am not putting a pump in the reservoir. I asked the people that make drip clean if it is ok to use it with peroxide and he said it was ok to use with it on there.

mowood3479

Veteran
Thanks. Do you run the 6/9 heads formula for the whole grow? I was looking at the heads formula as I wanted to do 1 reservoir to feed plants that were planted at different times but a lot of people told me you cannot use the same nutrient level for plants that were planted at different times on there.

Ya 6/9 the whole time (I cut the n last couple weeks of flower)

The123321

Thanks. Do you do the same ppm ec for the whole grow with the 6/9? Then with how you do it you could have new plants in veg feeding from the same reservoir as plants that are a few weeks into flowering with the same nutrients from the 1 reservoir on there?

madalasatori

Veteran
I use drip clean and silver bullet which is basically h202 with some sort of stabiliser meaning it is stable in the res.

It’s brilliant stuff and I wouldn’t be without it. Not necessary but as I often go several days without being able to check my plants it great at preventing overwatering problems which can occur when the plants are young.

I use it in conjunction with drip clean and it works just fine.

I’d never use drip emitters due to the risk of blockages, I’ve used open lines for years and never had a problem or had to clean them