What's new

Do You Trim AF Leaves?

So I've heard different opinions on weather or not it's a good idea to trim off leaves on AF strains. What do you guys think?? Some say it helps lower bud sites get bigger while others say it lowers yield and stresses the plant too much.

Also, I've read that some people trim their leaves 24-48 hrs before chop while others just chop and THEN trim off leaves. Any help on this issue is appreciated.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
personally, I only trim/pull leaves off my AFs if they're dead and going to fall off anyway. towards the end, I'll pull yellowing leaves. However, With the 'every moment counts' of AFs, I feel its best to leave the plants with as much energy, in the form of their leaves, as possible throughout the life cycle.

MuyLocoNC

I agree with Tracks. I've been leaving the ugly leaves on until they are dried up and crispy. You will know when they are ready to go because they literally pop right off with a slight tug. I'm growing auto AK47's and towards the end, a majority of the fan leaves have yellowed. I left them on until they were really ready to go. Things are working out well so far.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I was debating weather or not to trim the leaves off of my white dwarfs that are 2-4 weeks from harvest. I think I'll leave everything on and let nature do its thing.

I think I agree with the previous, just leave them on there till harvest, the buds are not necessarily what need the light, the fan leaves are what take in a large part of the energy the plant needs, so not having them is not a good thing at all

Peace/Love/Joy

Latest posts

Latest posts