What's new

Do you think these lights will work for growing

i agree red_bull...
we have differing opinions......things like this often happen
i'm not here to fall out with anyone

but after all the wiring involved (i do cars too) it's not gonna account for the time put in ....i agree its inventive ...but a long way around it

when you get into these things its all very well saying a 12v system from 12v power supplies ...but the Ma ../A hours are gonna have to be high to support those (even)car lights for a decent period of time

anyway
PEACE:smokeit:

keico

Well I had initially though about this idea some time ago.

I converted a computer power supply to a usable 12 volt dc.

I have seen these kits all over ebay, at great prices, so I figured it could not hurt to ask. I have even checked the spectrum output of the bulb, and it looks pretty close to what is used for growing, if you get the 2000k and the 6500k, Lumen output is about 3000, per bulb

Since I have moved my grow into a closet now, I have extra space, so I was looking for a good way to provide some side lighting, that did not cost to much.

Believe it or not I have an extra cool tube, and ballast, and was considering a vertical light setup to help provide some side lighting, but after all the modifications to the closet, I was just to tired to even contemplate more modifications.

Also I really don't want to have to worry with cooling an additional HID.

So I figured these HID headlights might be a good alternative, if the bulbs could actually provide a good source for side lighting. The idea would be just to mount some sockets to wood and then stand it up, or hang for the side lights.

But I think I will just go with some 2ft fluorescent fixtures, and either hang them vertically or stand them up.

Also another option for me would be just to move the plants around. I am only working with 5 feminized AK48 from nirvana.

I do appreciate all the comments, and it definitely has stimulated my mind to come up with something

Grown under 4 household CFL's.

Don't feel like I am wasting my time. :dunno:

picture.php

again it boils down to space and stealth...esp if your growing at your mums .........

but watt for watt the highest lumens will win

no your not wasting your time if you only have space for one plant ...and dont smoke alot ...self sufficiency rules...but one plant under 4 household flouro's would last me shorter than a week ...
no i'm not bragging .....but honestly....how long does 14 grms last?

This box does 4 of these at a time, not just one.

I agree with you that HID is better, I use them also in other projects.

But I though this was a "will this work" kind of thread not "what is the best".

CFL works. :)

i'll agree...it wouldn't be the first time ive finished my mothers off before i moved house with 3x18w flouros.....54w..if i'd of had it at the time a 70w hps would had done better

its just theres more efficient ways :)