What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you save your stems?

i chop my stems up along with the big fan leaves and it goes right back into the soil that i grow with.cannabis would naturally die and drop its leaves and stems on the ground and it would rot and feed the next crop or wild grow of them.i have found that the best compost for any given plant is the plant itself.if you walk into a forest or anywhere in nature the plants that are perrenial or naturalized annuals are growing out of ground thats covered in there dead plant matter from the past.if you took a pine tree and raked all the needles off the ground every year and replaced them with rotting dandelions the pine tree would not do as well as one that is feeding off the needles that it naturally drops.

floralheart

Veteran
i chop my stems up along with the big fan leaves and it goes right back into the soil that i grow with.cannabis would naturally die and drop its leaves and stems on the ground and it would rot and feed the next crop or wild grow of them.i have found that the best compost for any given plant is the plant itself.if you walk into a forest or anywhere in nature the plants that are perrenial or naturalized annuals are growing out of ground thats covered in there dead plant matter from the past.if you took a pine tree and raked all the needles off the ground every year and replaced them with rotting dandelions the pine tree would not do as well as one that is feeding off the needles that it naturally drops.

Set up a deal with the DEA where you get to keep all the plants they cut down, and turn them into fertilizer. Then people can use the fertilizer to grow more weed. The circle of life.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no way.... have too much stuff around as it is, i dont need a bunch of stems laying around :D

Jhhnn

Veteran
no way.... have too much stuff around as it is, i dont need a bunch of stems laying around :D

Ain't it the truth! Staying in one place for 20 years really promotes that. I think people move sometimes just as an excuse to shed crap.