What's new

Do you remember what YOU were doing 30 years ago today when Lennon was shot...???

V

vonforne

Was in school at the time........we all skipped and had a smoke out. The principle let us all slide that day even though he caught us. They even played a couple of songs the next day in memory.

I was just telling this to my wife the other day........

RIP John.

V

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I had been surfing off the pier in Huntington Beach and we lived about 200' from PCH. I walked into our home and my wife was crying and she told me what had happened.

I sat down and cried many, many tears. It was like it was the end of our collective youth. The world would definitely be different.

And it was.

CC

P

pine boy

I was smoking with Jane and Dale.Spirit was chilling on the floor.Sad day after the news.
R.I.P. John

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I was trimming some Puna buds.....a Hawaiian variety that I had grown in Cali....it took a long time to finish....

....but I was very saddened....my Mum raised me listening to The Beatles......and I had all Lennon's albums....

....a Great Visionary was slain...

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was only 3 but i remember it coming on tv like a newsflash or something. I ran out and told my mum because i knew Lennon was an important person. My mum was upset.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I do not remember what I was doing but I do remember that I was greatly saddened.

Just 21 at the time, but my brothers and sister played the Beatles as a young boy.

Still saddens me at the senseless loss.

minds_I

Mr. Burgundy

I remember Howard breaking the news also. I was 9. Back then I was GLUED to WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS/MNF/ABC..if anything, just to see the skiier wipe the f*ck out on the intro clip,etc...My late mom told me, "That is the guy that made #9 dream.." Sad.
I still love that song. Thanks JL.
Ahhh bawakawa possay possay

Stay Classy!

Last edited:

Baba Ku

Veteran
I think I was asleep in the barracks when the event occurred.
I was in Deutchland serving in the military. We typically got info fed to us a day or two later than most of the world.