What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you play music for your plants

How many of you play music for your plants.

I play the local classical PBS channel

I have found they grow better when they have something other than machines to listen to.

Classical seems to have a calming influence. It does seem to work though. not bad for me either

If you do play music for them what do you play and why.

Do you play what you like or what is best for them?

Yes i think classical is best for them

This is my opinion Please don't think i am trying to present fact

Thank you :wave:

S

Stoner Gardener

Do you play music for your plants

I love sharing ambient music with my garden. It's mostly Harold Budd these days but will occasionally feed them a bit of Aphex Twin.

Why not... If it's soothing to me I figure it's doing something positive regardless of how the garden is affected :)

Amber Trich

The Secret Life of Plants by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird has some info on this... records of experiments with plant's awareness including their perception of music. highly recommended.

This is a great idea... I bet live string music is even more effective because of the actual vibrations resonating from whatever instrument. Not only is it positive intention and lovin' care, but actual vibrational stimulus! We'll give it a try~

The Secret Life of Plants by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird has some info on this... records of experiments with plant's awareness including their perception of music. highly recommended.

I did some reseach when i started this is what i found as well.

I play nothing but classical they love it.

I think live string mucis would be great they defenetly would feel the vibs.

Thank you all for your input please continue to enjoy and respond :thank you:

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Myth Busters did this in an episode and death metal seemed to give the best growth.

Talking helps plants grow.

plausible

Seven small greenhouses were set up on the M5 Industries roof. Four were set up with stereos playing endlessly looping recordings (as having the Mythbusters actually talk to the plants could contaminate the samples with their expelled carbon dioxide): Two of negative speech, two of positive speech (Kari and Scottie each made one positive and one negative soundtrack), a fifth with classical music and a sixth with intense death metal music. A seventh greenhouse, used as a control sample, had no stereo. The greenhouses with the recordings of speech grew better than the control, regardless of whether such talk was kind or angry. The plants in the greenhouse with the recording of classical music grew better, while the plants in the greenhouse with the recording of intense death metal grew best of all.

I play the local commercial-free jazz station for my girls

F

feral

New School: Thievery Corporation or DJ Krush
Old School: Classic rock from the '60's and 70's.

Years ago I read a study suggesting bird sounds increased production. Sitting in the room listening to a loon echoing across a marsh and smoking a bowl was cool for me,don't know about the plants.lol

I

Indian Culture

I always like to sing to my plants as I'm smoking and blowing my hits on them! It might actually scare them into making more resin, hehe.

oops, still trying to figure out how to make things happen here... here's the quote I was going for: :)
"Myth Busters did this in an episode and death metal seemed to give the best growth.
The plants in the greenhouse with the recording of classical music grew better, while the plants in the greenhouse with the recording of intense death metal grew best of all."

Death Metal? Didn't see that one coming! Maybe the death metal vibes are interpreted as signals of dischord and chaos in the environment, and that medicine is in serious need here! The lovely mama earth comes to the rescue to restore balance! LOL! Maybe the plants *know* their medicine can chill these people OUT! more just joking, partly serious... not hatin' on any death metal trip lovers of course...

i find it interesting that since i started playing classical music for my plants i have developed a taste for it. it really is quite beautiful music. very calming.

i believe stress of the discordant cords, is the reason metal worked better. thats fine I'm still not playing that stuff in my house. it's a migraine trigger. makes my head hurt. I'll stick with classical.:thank you: